Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel dumber for having read your opinion. Open carry is acceptable anytime or place that it's legal, whether you approve or not. I'm pretty sure your online persona is just a way of making people say "LOOK AT YUKONJACK, HE'S SUPER MACHO AND IS ALL KNOWING", but the message you're really sending is "YUKONJACK IS A DIPSH*T".

I'm not going to sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

I agree with this. I don't open carry, but I don't look down on and insult people that do. It's a personal choice, also a freedom that we deserve.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not afraid to express my opinion on the matter regardless of what others think. And there are others that think the same way. I have nothing against allowing Open Carry when it's needed. Just the way that the small ego people choose to use such a law. That's all people are doing when they think they need to open carry just to go to Braums to get a banana split or Home Depot for drywall screws. They just wanna walk around silently saying LOOK AT ME!!!

I ain't gonna sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

I saw a guy OCing while getting a breakfast burrito this morning. Pretty sure there are tons of men OCing in uniforms who don't fit your mouth-mud here.

Good cry for attention though. Here's a pat on the head. Who's a good boy, who's a good boy? Yesh shyou is! Yesh you is!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much cheaper to lock him up and toss the key. I have no moral objections to the death penalty, but it is ultra slow, and very expensive. Families wait years for closure which sometimes never comes.

But, so far the real message of this thread hasn't been addressed.

Open carry inherently has the risk that this, or something similar, can happen.

If one chooses to open carry, one should be certain that the weapon is difficult for someone else to snatch out of the holster. There are numerous high retention options available. I would be unwilling to open carry without one.

Open carry is our right, but with rights come responsibilities. Chief among these is the ability to retain the weapon.

I don't open carry for a variety of reasons, but that decision is a personal one and not something we need to argue about here.

The Richmond case should be a warning to all of us.

Truer words were never posted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. One trial, sentence passed, execution immediately after verdict released. No appeal in this case, its cut and dried. Should be like the fast lane at Wal-Mart. Let's call it accelerated justice. This is what we should be moving to.

Not so. A lot of people put on death row by over zealous prosecutors have been overturned and freed.

Read the book about two men on death row in Oklahoma that came within days of execution before being found innocent.

The book is titled "the innocent man" By John Gresham.

It will make you intensely mad and the prosecutor is still in office.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He got 40 years, will be 58 if he serves it. But he will probably get out sooner. The OC guy made an unmentioned omission that cost him his life; he didn't carry a BUG. I cannot for the life of me imagine carrying only one heater. It is anethema to me, a malfeasance in my nostril. Two guns are part of a defensive system with an inherent redundancy.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not afraid to express my opinion on the matter regardless of what others think. And there are others that think the same way. I have nothing against allowing Open Carry when it's needed. Just the way that the small ego people choose to use such a law. That's all people are doing when they think they need to open carry just to go to Braums to get a banana split or Home Depot for drywall screws. They just wanna walk around silently saying LOOK AT ME!!!

I ain't gonna sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

Good for you, not being afraid to express your attitude of intolerance to those who don't believe the same way you do, of being confrontational and judgemental, and generally showing others how much better a person you are than they, should they choose to carry responsibly and lawfully in any manner other than the way YOU choose to carry.

Way to go, bud! :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time I OC is when at the farm, or while hunting. It is in a holster with a retention strap. When I go to town for eats or drinks, its CC.
Should I be in an area with game that is higher in the food chain than I am, I'll carry with the holster that I can draw from the fastest.

Renegadethreads

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be better just to exercise that concealed carry option instead of feeling the need to walk around and inflate the old ego. Yep, that's what a grown up would do. Just conceal it and go on about life.

What if I just want to carry something big enough to not have to worry? Also, with a gut like mine, there is less room for concealed & ego.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason #5 why I don't blatantly OC.
I still use a high retention holster when I carry OWB, even though its covered by a shirt.

To each their own on OC, I'm not gonna dog anyone who does....Its just not for me. Criticizing folks who do is counterproductive to say the least. I love the law just because it makes it more convenient for me to CC.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone who carries only one gun on them is running a higher risk than someone carrying two. I have heard many times of that "one time in a million" when there was a weapon malfunction. But with loss of retention, a BUG is absolutely necessary. Loss of retention is worse than malfunction. Even a Taurus when used as a BUG can be used as a heavy paperweight - to bludgeon the weapon snatchers with...

Latest posts

Top Bottom