Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe he was just asking the police officer if he was aware of the new law that goes into effect in November then cut back to the amended law that is in effect.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe he was just asking the police officer if he was aware of the new law that goes into effect in November then cut back to the amended law that is in effect.

Not really. He is reading directly from 2010, which is the amended law, and telling them they are in violation of it but the language he is reading (starting around the 22 second mark) is not in effect yet.

Then, when the actual PD shows up , he reads the chapters about public trusts again...which isn't in effect.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was quoting HB 2010 which doesn't go into effect until November. He clearly reads that Bill number in the video.

I happen to agree that the existing law already precluded a public or private entity from restricting carry on public property, even if that property is cloaked in some sort of trust....and it is good that 2010 provides some clarity, but he repeatedly relies on 2010 in his discussions with the officers (retired officers/rent a cops) and that law is not in effect yet.
CC was bill number 2597 not 2010

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CC was bill number 2597not 2010

Sure, but 2010 is the amended law that inserted language about public trusts and public trust land and clarifying that those entities cannot restrict concealed carry on that type of property. He is directly referring to 2010, and reading from 2010 as if it is current law. It is not. It was signed by the Governor in April but does not take effect until 1 November.

Did you watch the video?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, but 2010 is the amended law that inserted language about public trusts and public trust land and clarifying that those entities cannot restrict concealed carry on that type of property. He is directly referring to 2010, and reading from 2010 as if it is current law. It is not. It was signed by the Governor in April but does not take effect until 1 November.

Did you watch the video?
Sure I watched the video. All I said was its not 2010, and if you look it up, you will see that.
IDK why he said 2010. IDK when that goes into effect but I sure aint gonna set here and say I know more about the law than this organization.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
He tends to get dates, numbers, and facts mixed up sometimes. If you watch videos of his meetings you will see it a lot.

I just shake my head because he can leave people with more questions than answers if there is nobody there to speak up and correct him.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You broke up...what'd ya say? I think I heard something like, those that open carry AR's or other large more noticeable choices are actually doing those that don't carry large weapons a favor. They are kinda wearing a sign (more noticeable weapon) that says "Hey, try n kill me first so these other folks have time to react". Oh and there was something about AO n OODA.
Sorry it bounced just over your head Bob. Don’t worry yourself too much about it, after all it really is ok to be different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom