Opinions on my Colt M4? I think I'm almost finished spending money on it. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to remember that Geissele has about 9 different models available. So far every one of them has been a near bulletproof design. For some of us, fiddly adjustments are a problem waiting for a critical time to fail.

Agree w/ you on Geissele being pretty bulletproof.

But JP triggers are set and forget. The only time I have seen a JP trigger fail is when it's not installed properly, which would be an issue with anything. They are less complicated than anything else and they just work and work.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree w/ you on Geissele being pretty bulletproof.

But JP triggers are set and forget. The only time I have seen a JP trigger fail is when it's not installed properly, which would be an issue with anything. They are less complicated than anything else and they just work and work.

That little screw would prevent me from sticking it anything other than a range toy.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That little screw would prevent me from sticking it anything other than a range toy.
I guess I don't understand this when there are so many of them out there functioning flawlessly for 4k, 6k, 8k, 10k+ rounds. I mean really, how much more proof does someone need? If it was a new design, sure. But they have proven their durability over and over.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand this when there are so many of them out there functioning flawlessly for 4k, 6k, 8k, 10k+ rounds. I mean really, how much more proof does someone need? If it was a new design, sure. But they have proven their durability over and over.

And as a range toy it can have 10's of thousands of rounds of flawless function and I would probably enjoy it, but anything with adjustment screws in the trigger group that could work loose will not be in anything I may have to depend on to work someday. One of these days I may have so many rifles that I just might build something with an ultralight super duper adjustable trigger but until then I follow the KISS principal for fire control groups.

www.jprifles.com_photos_new_jpfc_1.jpg

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried the SD3G trigger? How about the DMR? They're more in line with what you're after. The standard SSA was never designed to be a match trigger. It was designed as a bomb-proof combat application trigger with a siginficantly better feel than a mil-spec. You have to remember that Geissele has about 9 different models available. So far every one of them has been a near bulletproof design. For some of us, fiddly adjustments are a problem waiting for a critical time to fail.

All my AR's wear a Geissele trigger of some sort. I have tried others, but if you are looking for something that just plain works, you can't go wrong with Geissele.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You also have to keep in mind that the "perfect" trigger for gun game and target shooting is not perfect for serious social applications. You have to build in a certain level of prevention against a negligent discharge. An unintentional discharge in a match might effect your reload point, your score, or in a worst case scenario, a disqualification. In a furball, that would become a negligent discharge and carry a far more severe potential result.

Some of my AR's can function quite well as game guns. None of them are dedicated range toys.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You also have to keep in mind that the "perfect" trigger for gun game and target shooting is not perfect for serious social applications. You have to build in a certain level of prevention against a negligent discharge. An unintentional discharge in a match might effect your reload point, your score, or in a worst case scenario, a disqualification. In a furball, that would become a negligent discharge and carry a far more severe potential result.

Some of my AR's can function quite well as game guns. None of them are dedicated range toys.

Point taken. As you are well aware though, the JP is almost infinitely adjustable for amount of pretravel, pounds of pull, etc.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't get into the trigger discussion since I don't know enough about them.

I'll say though that the rifle looks pretty sharp. As for colors, I like the two-tone idea, but I tend to more subtle differences, like maybe a SOCOM Blue on the metal, and leave the plastic black.

Latest posts

Top Bottom