needing opinions to finish off my AR15 lower build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well like the title says needing a few opinions on this stuff im thinking about stuffing my lower with. Its a POF-USA billet receiver. Hoping it shows up next week just got the email today that the guys i ordered it from are processing the order so guessing it'll ship today or tomorow.

Either way I got my hands on a Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit. Thinking about if its really worth it to put the KNS pins in there as well.

But on the stock setup I'm leaning towards either the BCM stock kit thats just the tube, spring, nut, H buffer. Or the Spikes tactical kit of the same flavor. Question is they are basically the same price wise with the H buffer option on the BCM and the spikes comes with their buffer. So is there any difference one better than the other or what? I had a BCM H buffer in my last AR and it was fine but i saw the spikes and just kinda wondered. Also Is there any real difference in the Magpul MOE and CTR stocks? They look almost identical and for the money the MOE fits the bill and i wouldnt have to save up as long but then again im really liking the looks of the ACS and would like some type of battery storage in the stock for flashlight and potentially an optic if i decide to get one later.

Also going to also use a Magpul asap sling plate as well. Gonna run a MS2 sling on this as well as it seems very versital and should fit my needs when i can get myself into a carbine course in the future and what not.

As far as the pistol grip any recommendations? I know 99% of people like the Miad grips but are their any others to really consider. Seems like the Tango Down grip is nice as well.

Anyways kinda what i have running through my head at the moment. If you guys have any thoughts on this i would appreciate it. With so many choices out there its just kinda making my head spin as to what to finish this thing off with before i dive into deciding on an upper.:w000t:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well like the title says needing a few opinions on this stuff im thinking about stuffing my lower with. Its a POF-USA billet receiver. Hoping it shows up next week just got the email today that the guys i ordered it from are processing the order so guessing it'll ship today or tomorow.

Either way I got my hands on a Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit. Thinking about if its really worth it to put the KNS pins in there as well.

But on the stock setup I'm leaning towards either the BCM stock kit thats just the tube, spring, nut, H buffer. Or the Spikes tactical kit of the same flavor. Question is they are basically the same price wise with the H buffer option on the BCM and the spikes comes with their buffer. So is there any difference one better than the other or what? I had a BCM H buffer in my last AR and it was fine but i saw the spikes and just kinda wondered. Also Is there any real difference in the Magpul MOE and CTR stocks? They look almost identical and for the money the MOE fits the bill and i wouldnt have to save up as long but then again im really liking the looks of the ACS and would like some type of battery storage in the stock for flashlight and potentially an optic if i decide to get one later.

Also going to also use a Magpul asap sling plate as well. Gonna run a MS2 sling on this as well as it seems very versital and should fit my needs when i can get myself into a carbine course in the future and what not.

As far as the pistol grip any recommendations? I know 99% of people like the Miad grips but are their any others to really consider. Seems like the Tango Down grip is nice as well.

Anyways kinda what i have running through my head at the moment. If you guys have any thoughts on this i would appreciate it. With so many choices out there its just kinda making my head spin as to what to finish this thing off with before i dive into deciding on an upper.:w000t:

I would go with the kit that has the H Buffer.

As for the grip,... Im part of the 1%. I would have never guessed, but I love the Ergo DLXs. Its almost like it has a ball right in the middle that completely fills up the palm of your hand. It just feels really comfortable. You just have to try it.

But then again, I like the way a Glock feels in my hand, so take all that with a grain of salt.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MOE doesn't have the QD sling socket or the "anti-rattle" piece. I like the CTR because they have those features. If you need battery storage, look at the MIAD or MOE with the CR123 plug. If your rifle is nose heavy and you need to balance it out, look at the Vltor EMod or Magpul ACS.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The MOE doesn't have the QD sling socket or the "anti-rattle" piece. I like the CTR because they have those features. If you need battery storage, look at the MIAD or MOE with the CR123 plug. If your rifle is nose heavy and you need to balance it out, look at the Vltor EMod or Magpul ACS.

Er, even if it isnt nose heavy. *drool*

My Emod doesnt seem that heavy, or at least not as heavy as the ACS. Again, thats just my perception.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This.

I purchased a AA battery plug for my MIAD grip and it works well. Sealed at the bottom of the grip and sealed where the batteries sit. For a little over 10 bucks, it's much cheaper then spending the extra 40 or whatever dollars to pick up the other stock.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I purchased a AA battery plug for my MIAD grip and it works well. Sealed at the bottom of the grip and sealed where the batteries sit. For a little over 10 bucks, it's much cheaper then spending the extra 40 or whatever dollars to pick up the other stock.

Yea i see your point would make sense. But I think the MOE grip will suit my needs well after looking at them and i kinda like the idea of a one piece grip just for simplicity.

But too the above i may go ahead and pick up an ACS or Emod. I really like the LMT sopmod stocks alot but the price is so stinking high it just doesn't make sense with the other available choices. And i plan on making the Upper as light as possible but it will be a 16" mid-length with a full length rail system to cover the gas block and run flip up irons till i get a optic. that being said i think a little extra weight would help in the rear to balance it out. But if any you guys have opinions throw them at me this is just what i've got in my head for the build.

On a side note after doing a little bit of reading on the spikes kit i think i may go with it. Reason being their buffer is filled with a tungsten powder rather than disc weights like the others so therefore no rattle when the buffer cycles. Not really a big deal but hey why not try it out.

Really want just a nice high end KISS rifle that'll take a beating and last me a long time which i plan on keeping unless something extreme happens like last time and unexpected medical crap comes up like it did.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have chosen to use the spikes buffer tube kit and I really like thier T2 buffers.

I run an Adams arms piston kit and ACS stock. I havent decided which exact grip I wanna use but im pretty sure im gonna use the Ergo grip since I have storage in my ACS stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom