Optics Trijicon Reflex, ACOG or TARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AimpointPRO. Twenty pack of lithium batteries. Follow the instructions and keep it set at the correct brightness setting to maximize battery life and adjust for visibility. More than likely, your grandkids will be working their way through that pack of batteries you invested in while you're long in the ground.

Seriously, Aimpoint is the gold standard of red dots. $100 dollars more than what you have and you will have one of the best close-range sights ever devised which will realistically cover just about everything you need an optic for. ACOGS are nice but the only real benefit they have over an aimpoint is positive target ID at range. I used mine a few times to scope out tresspassers to decide if they were carrying fishing poles or rifles, but anything inside of 100 yards I prefer the Aimpoint.

Don't worry about batteries. I've had an H1 for three years and just changed my first set of batteries that came with the optic. Buy lots of them and forget about it. Even in an ACOG the tritium has a 12 year half-life, and that's 2.1 batteries for an Aimpoint.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and seriously, buy lots of batteries and this is how it goes; "Hrm, my aimpoint is getting dim, but I have had it set on 8 for three years instead of the 4 recommended in the manual. Hrm better change the battery. Look at that, good for three more years or five if I read the manual and do as it tells me." :P It's not the bad ol days anymore where Eotechs suck batteries like a fat kid sucks milkshakes.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
run a PRO. mount and a comp m2? what is holding you back? I am seeing 365 in places. I got mine for 410 shipped a few years ago. Its the highwater mark IMHO. Buy once buy right.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Aimpoint T1/H1 is the best red dot in my mind, period. Lightweight, dependable, long battery life, and comparatively low price point. For ACOGs I run the 1.5x and the 3.5x, if you want one stick to those two due to eye relief. I run a ELCAN on my Scar 16 and it is awesome but I don't if its worth the money.

For cheap alternative, I would say Vortex or Burris. Both make quality stuff. I use Vortex glass on some of my long range stuff and it is just as clear as my Leopold. We sell the Vortex Sparc and it is a good alternative to the Aimpoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom