OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we were in Oregon, the owners of the retreat and reunion center where we worked also owned a beach house in Waldport, OR. On the lower end of the peninsula of the bay, the beach erosion was horrific. I looked at pictures online and they showed sand dunes up to the eaves of the houses. Sadly, their laws required the home owners to put the sand back on the beach when they cleared out the dunes.

We got to stay about a week in the beach house (for free, even), and here is one of the pictures showing the back side of a house and dunes at the side.

Oregon has much higher surf than the Gulf area except during hurricanes. That's an amazing pile of beach erosion.
Gulf shores just restored their beaches over the winter by dredging the sand that washed out to sea after Hurricane Sally. The beaches in Biloxi are pretty much non-existent now from that same hurricane and another a few years prior to Sally that I can't remember the name of.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Late with this picture of the day. I had an appointment for an eye injection at 8:40 this morning, so I didn't have time to post a picture before going. AND, since my eyes were also dilated, I am just now able to read the text of the forums, so long as I wear my reading glasses.

This picture was taken inside of Wind Cave in South Dakota.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another late posting of the pic of the day, this time because the water at the RV park was down until around midnight last night, so we went in to the youngest son's house for the night. We generally get with him every Saturday anyway and mess around and shop.

Following up to the image yesterday at Wind Cave in South Dakota, this one is at the Ruby Falls cavern in Chattanooga, TN. That is the site in Lookout Mountain where there is a 140-some foot waterfall down in the cavern. This is a closeup shot of some formations in the cavern.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This is a "facility" at the Scarborough North State Beach in Rhode Island. Oddly enough, with such a really nice facility, the bathrooms were nothing but about 8 or 10 porta-potties out the side and back of the building. I didn't take a picture of those.

There's a good chance they placed the JOTS when they shuttered the facility for the season and winterized the plumbing.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had a good time this weekend at the Unlimited Outdoor Adventures youth turkey hunt. At 50% kill success so far, with hunters still out this morning. We lost one of our kids in the last week, really drives home for me why I help with this organization.
20240414_095751.jpg
20240413_223155.jpg
20240413_102837.jpg
20240413_102816.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score