OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my most favorite birds visited again today. Cedar Waxwings are beautiful...travel in large groups and only come for water, mostly this time of year.

DSCN4699.JPG

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checking on your health! You doing okay?

I had the same thought about @TerryMiller this morning.

I've been wondering how you've been recovering! Use the walker, especially while out and about. The tennis balls do help, lol. Are you still on pain meds? or have they weened you off yet? Funny thing, my Dr. didn't recommend Ice as, he said, it slows down healing, so I never did use ice. Got any xray pics????

Thanks All for the concerns. My doctor doesn't send his patients to physical therapy places, but instead, gives us exercises to do pre and post surgery, so this may go on for a number of weeks. I've had a heck of a time keeping from wanting to take a nap, which I blame mostly on some of the medications. I am currently off all of the pain meds but something like extra strength Ibuprofen, and those will run out in about three more days. After that, I can get off the "every 8 hours" schedule and go to regular Ibuprofen as needed.

As for the walker, they went away just a few days after we got back to the RV home, and the cane is carried, but seldom used as of this time.

Sorry, Elwoodtrix, but I don't have any x-ray pics, but I hope to ask about them when we have my next appointment on March 5 to also possibly get stitches removed. However, I do have some pictures of exposed stitches. These are referred to as "zipper stitches," but I don't know just how they get removed.

Maybe these should be my return to posting Pics of the Day?

20240206_190027.jpg
20240206_190038.jpg

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks All for the concerns. My doctor doesn't send his patients to physical therapy places, but instead, gives us exercises to do pre and post surgery, so this may go on for a number of weeks. I've had a heck of a time keeping from wanting to take a nap, which I blame mostly on some of the medications. I am currently off all of the pain meds but something like extra strength Ibuprofen, and those will run out in about three more days. After that, I can get off the "every 8 hours" schedule and go to regular Ibuprofen as needed.

As for the walker, they went away just a few days after we got back to the RV home, and the cane is carried, but seldom used as of this time.

Sorry, Elwoodtrix, but I don't have any x-ray pics, but I hope to ask about them when we have my next appointment on March 5 to also possibly get stitches removed. However, I do have some pictures of exposed stitches. These are referred to as "zipper stitches," but I don't know just how they get removed.

Maybe these should be my return to posting Pics of the Day?

View attachment 454357 View attachment 454358
My Dr split me wide open!
1000008001.jpg
1000008002.jpg
1000008003.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It sure looks that way, but then, I think you had total knee replacements, thus probably a real need to open the body more. And, I can't even imagine what it was like to remove all those staples.

After seeing your pictures, I think I am really blessed, but March 5 is when I go back (and the home health guy is pretty sure they will remove my stitches then), at which time I may not feel so blessed.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sure looks that way, but then, I think you had total knee replacements, thus probably a real need to open the body more. And, I can't even imagine what it was like to remove all those staples.

After seeing your pictures, I think I am really blessed, but March 5 is when I go back (and the home health guy is pretty sure they will remove my stitches then), at which time I may not feel so blessed.
I felt every one being removed, lol. They removed them 10 days post surgery. Here's another good one!

Attachments

• 1000008006.jpg
    1000008006.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom