OSBI investigation requested for Chickasha grade tampering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This might add yet another topic for discussion when they start debating teacher pay raises.

http://newsok.com/osbi-investigatio...il&utm_email=cc7f83a9c92eaeeed1018db0de7bea8f'
OSBI investigation requested for Chickasha grade tampering
by Ben Felder Published: March 20, 2018 1:28 PM CDT Updated: March 20, 2018 5:29 PM CDT

..."During a four-month period late last year, nearly 5,500 student course grades and 18,800 individual assignment grades were overridden, the state Department of Education announced Tuesday."...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets look at this from a different angle.

5500 student course grades and 18,800 individual assignments grades were overridden in a 4 month period.
That is a 2,300 student school.
That is like 8 assignments per student at 18,800 over a 4 month period so 2 assignments per student a month.

NOW what if the student failed a paper and was allowed to take the test again. or daily work was a fail and they were allowed a retry.
The grade then would be changed in the system if they are not using books like old school ways.

There may not be any shenanigans going on.. but there could be.
Just saying do the math per student and it really does not look all that out of line

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets look at this from a different angle.

5500 student course grades and 18,800 individual assignments grades were overridden in a 4 month period.
That is a 2,300 student school.
That is like 8 assignments per student at 18,800 over a 4 month period so 2 assignments per student a month.

NOW what if the student failed a paper and was allowed to take the test again. or daily work was a fail and they were allowed a retry.
The grade then would be changed in the system if they are not using books like old school ways.

There may not be any shenanigans going on.. but there could be.
Just saying do the math per student and it really does not look all that out of line

Or Look at it this way 5,500 F were changed to Passing Grade D or Better

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be the students did some extra credit work.

Here is my situation with some teachers and I was finished with high school in 1986.
In the 9th grade i took drafting class.
I really liked the teacher and the class ..It for me was basically drawing with lines..I already knew how to measure things to the .0001" and could do the math.
I was first one finished every day with the assignment and the teacher was swamped with kids and questions and he sent them back to their chairs without any answers or help for them .
I asked him if i could help some students out as they did ask me for help many times.

The teacher said you bet ...Help them if they need it.
So I did, if they asked.
I got AN F in the class when report cards came out.
I went to the teacher and told him there was a mistake in the grade he said no mistake I gave you an F because I do not like your attitude.

NO kidding.. I had a great attitude I loved the class and every thing I handed in got 100% A+. never missed a day either.

He said I graded you on attitude.. Nothing I could do .. well I did not know what i could do.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be the students did some extra credit work.

Here is my situation with some teachers and I was finished with high school in 1986.
In the 9th grade i took drafting class.
I really liked the teacher and the class ..It for me was basically drawing with lines..I already knew how to measure things to the .0001" and could do the math.
I was first one finished every day with the assignment and the teacher was swamped with kids and questions and he sent them back to their chairs without any answers or help for them .
I asked him if i could help some students out as they did ask me for help many times.

The teacher said you bet ...Help them if they need it.
So I did, if they asked.
I got AN F in the class when report cards came out.
I went to the teacher and told him there was a mistake in the grade he said no mistake I gave you an F because I do not like your attitude.

NO kidding.. I had a great attitude I loved the class and every thing I handed in got 100% A+. never missed a day either.

He said I graded you on attitude.. Nothing I could do .. well I did not know what i could do.

That should have been taken straight to the school board....

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was abused by adults in my younger years and what they said goes..that is what I knew.
The crap I was dealt through my younger years makes a person really build hatred for authority figures.

I was a nice guy always sticking up for the little guy as I was a little guy.
I think today i am a nice guy .. and hate to see crap being dealt to other people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom