OSBI investigation requested for Chickasha grade tampering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak to what is going on there because I am in Utah and don't get too much Oklahoma news stories. However, keep in mind the news story also addressed "attendance records" being changed as well. If, and yes, maybe it's a big "if," the changes being made are to keep their attendance numbers up to keep getting government funding, then it could be classified as fraud.

I remember from back in the '80's and I was a school board member, if the school district's attendance dropped, then the money from the federal school lunch program also dropped, enough so that school administrators were always admonishing the students to keep coming to school.

Dropouts because of low grades and other attendance issues might lead "some people" to commit fraud to keep funding coming in, and I'm sure that there are more federal, and state, funds to be affected now than just school lunch money.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MAYBE.... all the tampering was keeping athletes eligible. :boxing3:

Absolutely.
We have a small town south of Ponca that has the world record for 8 man football win record.
People from the big city's bought chicken houses on lots, had a mailbox put up, and subscribed to TV and internet services to establish residency so their kids could be part of the legacy.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Higher Up Administration. Not Teachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? Teachers were heavily involved in the Atlanta cheating scandal and even though at least one teacher helped bust the OKC. Douglas high scandal look at how many others had to have the same info and remained quiet. There have been more cheating scandals than many might realize, of course it's all the Gov's. fault for having testing and evaluations not controlled by the school getting funds for supposedly teaching right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom