OSU Vs Stanford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, no matter what, the Cowboys sure did a great job this season. Hats off to Gundy and his staff and all of the players.

It would have been easy for them to get frustrated at the beginning of this game with the quick jump to 14 by Stanford but they stayed focused, came back and played with heart.

I'd say that the pressure on Alabama to perform at this point is even that much greater. It's one thing to be able to play in the National Championship game, but it sure does sting if it was questionable whether you should have been there or not and then you get your butt handed to you. Ask any OU fan... we know from experience.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You guys with a hard on for the SEC need to give it a rest. There is no way LSU would be undefeated if they were in the Big12.

What are you smoking? I think you fell and bumped your head! Alabama and LSU are the two best teams out there. I agree that Alabama should not be their because if the loss but, dang.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stanford has 5 top rounders, and several other that will be playing on sundays next year. Say what you want, but OSU would compete. I am not saying OSU would guarantee a win, but they would be in it to the end and would ahve a very good shot at winning.
Not with 13 yards rushing and 15 first downs they wouldn't. :nolike:

What are you smoking? I think you fell and bumped your head! Alabama and LSU are the two best teams out there, by a large margin. I agree that Alabama should not be their because if the loss but, dang.
Fixed it for you.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you smoking? I think you fell and bumped your head! Alabama and LSU are the two best teams out there. I agree that Alabama should not be their because if the loss but, dang.

I could say the same for you, thinking that such sorry teams are the best?!? The SEC sucks, get over it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's sad that we will never know. OSU hung in there against probably the best quarterback in college football. They didn't do a great job on the line but scored when they had to. The missed kicks were gifts but it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't kept it close. Next Monday will be a snooze bowl and it would have been nice for OSU to have at least got a chance. What would all you doubters (OU fans) have to say if we hadn't lost to Iowa State? Great year for a team that had some great accomplishments.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sad that we will never know. OSU hung in there against probably the best quarterback in college football. They didn't do a great job on the line but scored when they had to. The missed kicks were gifts but it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't kept it close. Next Monday will be a snooze bowl and it would have been nice for OSU to have at least got a chance. What would all you doubters (OU fans) have to say if we hadn't lost to Iowa State? Great year for a team that had some great accomplishments.

I'm an OU fan and no doubter. In fact I think all the hate for OSU this year is coming from SEC fans trying to justify the Alabama - LSU rematch.

Maybe we can change the NFL to let teams from the same Conference play in the Superbowl now too. Hell, why not even the same Division? :anyone:

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

they would still be naysayers. I have gotten to where I smile and shake my head. Ron White said it - "You can't fix stupid"

these are the same people that thought there was only 1 football program in this state. I bet they also gladly drop to their knees and open wide for the BCS too (figuratively of course).

The pokes stepped up - played hard and won. And they are 100% in BCS bowls now....while OU is 37% successful.

In all seriousness they played the #4 team in the country (who had an overhyped QB) in a BCS bowl and came from behind to win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom