OU vs. UTEP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aw, crap! They were both meaningless games. All either team had to do was not get beat. Mission accomplished. OSU looked better, but then why not. Savannah State was hopelessly outclassed. UTEP, on the other hand could have handed Savannah State it's butt.

What I took from yesterday was that OU has a lot of horses that need to be rounded up and saddled. They looked very rough.
And, OSU has two very capable quarterbacks, who have yet to be tested.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
84-0 against Savannah State proved as much as 24-7 did against UTEP. Meaning, not much either way. That's not to play up OU and not to play down OSU. They were both early games and neither representative of how either team will play the rest of the season. All I know is they both got Ws.

But yeah, Landy's really worked out this year. I mean, hit the gym. He looked a helluva lot stronger in his arm and his footwork that I remembered. He's come along way since those early years.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was too busy parting with girls. I didn't watch the game but from the sounds of it, it will be another disappointing year.

I was watching the game in a chow hall over a well deserved Dr. Pepper, but you'd better believe that by the time Bedlam rolls around I'll be partying with girls (my wife and daughter) like there's no tomorrow.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU will be ok. The last couple of years that UTEP would have scored in the 20's and we might be having a different discussion. The one thing I took away from that game was Mike Stoops will definitely have OU's defense back to its dominating standard. The glaring issue I saw was the O line at times it kinda looked like the Bedlam Game last year. I think it will all get worked out next week vs florida a&m, my prediction 84-0.

The OSU game, wow what a waste. I have season tix and that was brutal. I dont think much can be taken from that game at all except that it was a dress rehearsal for an actual game. It was also a great game to introduce my youngest to OSU football we had fun meeting pistol pete, getting his face painted and when he got tired (bored) in the third quarter I didnt mind leaving. I hope for an upgrade in nonconference schedule although it sounds like it is not going to happen.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU's playbook has to be the most unimaginative, non-creative, most boring piece of literature on the OU campus. I have never seen play calling this bad,...year after year after year. Nothing special, no imagination, no deceit, hardly any play action, nothing but a handfull of plays that were popular when Knute Rockne played. OU has some of extremely talented people and are afraid to use them. Stoops plays not to lose, instead of playing to win.!

I thought when Heupel took over things would change since he was a good QB with a Very high QB IQ. Nada,..!!

Like last night when they throw that quick pass to the left flats and get stuffed.! Next play,.."Playcaller: Hey,..lets run that same play to the other side,..I'm sure it will really fool them now.."

[Broken External Image]

Stoops is an average coach at best. He was lucky when he started at OU and had a plethora of good coaches who helped him think "outside the box". Leach, Mangino, Long etc...but now that they're gone,..we see he's nothing more than an average coach.

Special teams was a disaster last year, and it looks like nothing has been done to fix it.

OU stinks.! They'll be lucky to win 8 games.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU's playbook has to be the most unimaginative, non-creative, most boring piece of literature on the OU campus. I have never seen play calling this bad,...year after year after year. Nothing special, no imagination, no deceit, hardly any play action, nothing but a handfull of plays that were popular when Knute Rockne played. OU has some of extremely talented people and are afraid to use them. Stoops plays not to lose, instead of playing to win.!

I thought when Heupel took over things would change since he was a good QB with a Very high QB IQ. Nada,..!!

Like last night when they throw that quick pass to the left flats and get stuffed.! Next play,.."Playcaller: Hey,..lets run that same play to the other side,..I'm sure it will really fool them now.."

Stoops is an average coach at best. He was lucky when he started at OU and had a plethora of good coaches who helped him think "outside the box". Leach, Mangino, Long etc...but now that they're gone,..we see he's nothing more than an average coach.

Special teams was a disaster last year, and it looks like nothing has been done to fix it.

OU stinks.! They'll be lucky to win 8 games.

This is hilarious!! You really have no clue. If you think Bob Stoops is average, you must live in a special world. Go look and some stats of winning percentage, championships played for and conference titles won. Then get back with us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom