Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just over heard this tonight at a new sporting goods store called Dunham’s in Liberal, Kansas.

“No it’s not illegal to buy a gun and then gift it to somebody.. So yeah we can totally order that rifle for you and then if your buddy doesn’t pass the background check then we can figure something else out. Want us to give you a call if his form doesn’t pass?”

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just over heard this tonight at a new sporting goods store called Dunham’s in Liberal, Kansas.

“No it’s not illegal to buy a gun and then gift it to somebody.. So yeah we can totally order that rifle for you and then if your buddy doesn’t pass the background check then we can figure something else out. Want us to give you a call if his form doesn’t pass?”
Seems legit.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joking? Right?
Umm. No. ATF says it's legal and does not consider it a straw purchase. They guy receiving it would be doing a 4473, so it's all on the up and up.

1639801886225.png

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Wannenmachers 4-5 years ago and bought a S&W 439 in perfect condition for 250.00 from some obviously “non gun savy” folks that had 4 people sitting behind 1 table with no cover and a rope running long ways around with 12-14 guns zip tied to rope, I saw it, paid and took off before they changed their minds and when I got a few tables away I racked the slide and it was loaded with a full mag, I went back to inform them to check the others and they just laughed at it, A buddy of mine was working as a safety guy and I called him over and he chewed their ass and then helped them check the rest. Shoulda booted them out the door for thinking it was funny !

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Umm. No. ATF says it's legal and does not consider it a straw purchase. They guy receiving it would be doing a 4473, so it's all on the up and up.

View attachment 240778
I think 'Hunter966' was questioning the part about the " . . . if your buddy doesn’t pass the background check then we can figure something else out." as being legit, like I am. I'm not a goody two-shoes but I damn sure don't want some felon convicted of murder to have access to firearms.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 'Hunter966' was questioning the part about the " . . . if your buddy doesn’t pass the background check then we can figure something else out." as being legit, like I am. I'm not a goody two-shoes but I damn sure don't want some felon convicted of murder to have access to firearms.
I see. I took it to mean that they'd give him his money back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom