Panera trying to play to both sides like Target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Panera Bread is the latest U.S. company to ask customers not to pack heat.

"Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America" is behind the push. It says it had intense talks with Panera Bread Company for months.

Panera's CEO Ronald M. Shaich released the following statement,

"Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates."

However, Panera Bread Corporate has made this change in policy, which ask guests not to carry guns, and it affects only the Panera LLC/Corporate-owned locations. In Oklahoma, all Panera stores are franchised, and not required to follow the new policy.

All Oklahoma franchised stores follow the Oklahoma state laws pertaining concealed weapons and open carry. In other words, this new mandate does not affect Oklahoma at all.

A Panera spokeswoman said the company will not ask its employees to enforce the new guideline, nor will the policy be posted in the restaurants.

Other chains have adopted voluntary restrictions and have declined to post no-guns signs in their stores.

The "Moms Demand Action" group has gotten several stores to ban guns in their businesses, including Target, Chipotle, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, Chili's and even Oklahoma City-based Sonic.

The main reason is to make customers feel comfortable and to prevent employees from having to intervene if something happens.

source

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pantera rocks! Panera sucks.

The taco trucks I get my bread and tortillas don't give a #^% if I carry, and where the trucks are located, one would be foolish not to pack heat.
Why the heck would anyone want that limp-wristed crap from Panera's anyway? Shun that chicken salad, and get on down with a torta asada!

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll play their game, from another restaurant. Does anyone know of a list of cc friendly places to patronize?

The Old Orchard resturant in Bethany has a sign on the door that says "Your legally carried firearm is welcom here". the only such sign that I have seen anywhere.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll play their game, from another restaurant. Does anyone know of a list of cc friendly places to patronize?

The Old Orchard resturant in Bethany has a sign on the door that says "Your legally carried firearm is welcom here". the only such sign that I have seen anywhere.

The mexican place in tri city has a similarly stated support lawfully carry sign.

I think dennis mentioned one in Ponca that has an "OC Welcome" kind of sign. I haven't gotten a chance to visit it yet... I really need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom