Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0311 you are exactly right. The media highlights and promotes crap while trying to punish and demonize an idea of morality, honesty and doing what's right.

This is exactly why O is in office.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood. Either way, I think the network overreacted to the implied threats of a militant LGBT group. This is no different than the Chick-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby drama. They're doing more harm than good to their "cause" by alienating people of faith.

Agreed. Stupid business move as you mention, by both parties really. But they can suit themselves. :anyone:

Phil was free to say what he said, and he did. A&e was free to associate with whom they wish, and the did. BFD.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is one of the best write-ups I've seen come out of the whole mess. The writer first links to the entire GQ interview, then starts analyzing the statements and hyperbole that have spewed forth. One example:
One thing I am having a hard time understanding is if you are a GLBT and do not agree with the Bible saying homosexuality is a sin and do not identify yourself as a Christian believer, then why is it offensive to be told you are going to a hell you do not believe in?

http://virtuallyj.com/gays-lesbians-are-going-to-hell-duck-dynasty-style/

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a marketing stunt, but some people take this **** too far. If you cant handle TV turn it the **** off. Phil has the I.Q. of honey boo-boo and should not be an example for the masses to follow. it is a scripted TV show. More people care about this dumb **** than serious problems our planet has... I've seen so much hate stem from this event its ridiculous...
Please educate yourself on a subject before commenting. It will make you seem much smarter than you are.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching TMZ the other day, and Harvey Levin ( an openly gay man ) stood up for Phil's right to make that statement , even though he said he personally did not agree.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the REAL issue here. It's not hate speech, it's not racism, its WHAT THE HELL IS PHIL ROBERTSON DOING IN GQ MAGAZINE TO BEGIN WITH?!!?! The man wears camo and walmart sunglasses every day for Christ's sake! Seriously though.... Am I the only one that is reading this thread and noticing a STARK contrast between the comments in this thread vs the one where Bob Costas expressed his beliefs about guns?

Actually those guys don't wear anything but under armour gear. Even their sunglasses

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just like the chic-fil-a appreciation day or your support of hobby lobby,remember this. if you want to buy an item in support of the robertson family, make sure it is either duck commander or buck commander.NOT a duck dynasty logo'd item.
btw, i applaud under armour and skyjacker for sticking with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom