Pickled eggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I meant to do this a few days ago for Thanksgiving, but just finished up another jar.

I've said it before in here and I'll say it again, this is an excellent pickled eggs recipe. If you haven't tried it, you must. I can't wait!

I'm doing it!

Thanks for bringing this back to the top. I was just reminded of how I need to try this recipe last weekend when I saw some piss-poor looking pickled eggs for sale at the grocery store.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that you needed some canning salt or cure or something I know nothing about.

I will try this if this is all you need... garlic and hot stuff, oh man I am in!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that you needed some canning salt or cure or something I know nothing about.

I will try this if this is all you need... garlic and hot stuff, oh man I am in!

The only other pickled egg I've had was when I dropped an egg in a jar of Claussen pickle juice for a couple of weeks and I didn't much care for it.

These, however, I'll eat the entire jar if you let me.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny Tanner! I remember you! You're the pickled egg guy. I had a problem placing you there for a moment, but now I remember who you are. You're the guy who's afraid to let a toot?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished a new batch of quail eggs. I used a 46 oz pickle jar since the eggs are smaller. Took 3 cans of eggs and I halfed the other ingredients and added a carrot and habanero. Used a beet we grew in the garden for some color but the color may take some soak times to really come out. Its a raw beet.
[Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished a new batch of quail eggs. I used a 46 oz pickle jar since the eggs are smaller. Took 3 cans of eggs and I halfed the other ingredients and added a carrot and habanero. Used a beet we grew in the garden for some color but the color may take some soak times to really come out. Its a raw beet.
[Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Looks like "Ouachita Mountain Oysters".

Latest posts

Top Bottom