poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't say much more than has already been said. Your doing the right thing cannot create a hostile work environment. See an attorney. There are civil damages here, and a potential black mark if your next employer calls your ex-supervisor for a reference.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we'll the poacher i turned in apparently got off scott free, the word i heard was he agreed to testify against the others in his group ,so no charges were brought against him. doubt i'll ever turn someone in again

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is how it is starting to work on a lot of crimes. The first one to make a deal in the group gets to walk. Not right at all but I guess they could all say they didn't do it then they don't have much case. With one of the accused testifying they will have some justice in bringing down the rest of the group. Sucks you lost your job over the deal but at least you have did the right thing and that is something to be proud of.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the first guy they contacted confessed ,no need to make a deal with this guy. i'm done turning in people and i'm done hunting. ya'll have at it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm done turning in people and i'm done hunting. ya'll have at it

You never know how things are going to turn out. BUT by going states evidence, he has admitted guilt in the poaching ring. Look back at the OJ trial. He was found NOT guilty in the criminal case, but found guilty in the civil case. I'd be on this like stink on a steaming pile of bull poop in the field.

BTW what is this statement about being done hunting mean? I thought you had more cajones that that. Sorry to come off like that, but I sure hate to see someone give up something they have put a lot of time and passion into.
Life deals a lot of hard knocks at times to good people, but good people always get back on their feet and back into the fight.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i stuck my neck out and the Oklahoma department of wildlife chopped it off. kinda make's playing by the rules and trying to do the right thing seem worthless, I don't want to play at all now, left a bitter taste in my mouth

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i stuck my neck out and the Oklahoma department of wildlife chopped it off. kinda make's playing by the rules and trying to do the right thing seem worthless, I don't want to play at all now, left a bitter taste in my mouth

What gets me is honest hunters like us pay or the licenses follow the rules at great expense to some and then when we do our part to help those who we pay our money to only to get crapped on by the agency. I could see why he wouldn't want to continue paying money to the agency that did him wrong. Kinda the same reason I hate that we are taxed so heavily? For what? I don't want/need half the sh*t I am paying for anyhow. If they are going to do a poor job why pay?

Latest posts

Top Bottom