Poll- How do you feel about sending the military to the southern borders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we use active military to secure the borders?

• You betcha!

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Oh hell no!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Beef up existing border patrol

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • What's a border?

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sending the NG to the border would accomplish nothing. Your president's administration has introduced new "rules of engagement".

http://www.onenewsnow.com/national-...rous-new-must-retreat-rules-for-border-patrol

A border enforcement advocate calls it insulting that the Department of Homeland Security has told Border Patrol agents to avoid lethal contact with illegal immigrants.

Michael Fisher, chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, issued a directive on March 7 that instructs border agents to retreat when illegals throw rocks or other objects at them, and to avoid blocking drug smugglers' vehicles by stepping away from them.

Brian TerryThe new rules affect approximately 21,000 federal agents.

"It is insulting and it is degrading and it is ludicrous," William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, says of the new rules.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection rejected placing stricter limits on agents after a group of law enforcement officials reviewed 67 shooting incidents and suggested the new rules, The Los Angeles Times reported.

The new secretary of Homeland Security then ordered the Border Patrol to "reconsider" its policy, which created the must-retreat directive aimed at agents, the Times stated.

According to Gheen, he predicts these types of "affronts" will continue by those who support the "invasion, takeover and transformation" of the United States.

A shootout in Arizona occurred between agents and drug smugglers in 2010. The gun battle took the life of agent Brian Terry and also revealed that two members of the four-man team had non-lethal bean bags in their shotguns, even though they were expecting to ambush drug cartel members.

The drug smugglers were armed with AK-47s, one of which was traced to the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal operated by the ATF. Terry died at the scene of the shootout.

Gheen, William (ALIPAC)Border Patrol agents told Fox News the rules of engagement required them to use the non-lethal shoot bean bags first.

Gheen alleges the Obama administration wants the engagement rules relaxed because Democrats want to turn illegal immigration into "straight Democratic ticket voters."

He adds these new restrictions will make it impossible to retain good border patrol agents

If only the average person had the intelligence to see this.

Even democrats should find this a no brainer, but votes are more important to them than the country

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont really see it much different than the Irish, Italian, German migrations.

We aint at War with illegal immigrants. Mostly its just political rhetoric. I am not saying that illegal immigration isnt a problem....but its far from an act of war.

Lots of people don't see the problem until its there. Its an act of war and should be dealt with that way and should have been for a long time.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lots of people don't see the problem until its there. Its an act of war and should be dealt with that way and should have been for a long time.

War is seriously not a real solution, friend. I dont think we should annihilate Mexico and several other South American countries.

Maybe your in favor of police keeping type wars but I aint. In War you either level the place completely and bring them to their knees or you hire more policemen types. State or Feds.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about sending the national guard or Army to secure the border. Secure it, absolutely, but I think having the army there could go real bad, real quick. Your thoughts?

I'm all for it. If it 'goes bad,' it won't be the Army that starts it. It would be open warfare, and the invaders will either get the picture or perish. Maybe then the Mexican government might actually do something about the freedoms of the Mexicans to earn a living beyond the drug traders. Maybe the Mexicans will rise up and take their country back from the corruption in control of Mexico.

I see where the Mexican Army has been making incursions inside our border. It's time to put a stop to that as well.

Woody

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
War is seriously not a real solution, friend. I dont think we should annihilate Mexico and several other South American countries.

Maybe your in favor of police keeping type wars but I aint. In War you either level the place completely and bring them to their knees or you hire more policemen types. State or Feds.

I just want them to stay out of my country unless they come legally and it seems they don't heed warnings.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree its a natl problem. I think the solution is more political than military. They come for jobs, work and houses. Thats companies, businesses and home owners/renters.......make and enforce Laws and penalties against Corporations, businesses and those that rent ir sell them places to live.

No need to nuke the our Southern Hemisphere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom