Polymer pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
compare it to a g17 then, because the 17 is just a hair longer than the 19 as well.
apples to apples

the 19 is in a class niche by itself.
In my experience, the G17's butt is much more difficult to conceal than either the G19 or M&P. I tried to carry a G17, but it printed more than I was comfortable with. On my body (a fat one), the G19 and M&P carry and conceal nearly identically. If I were to give an edge to the G19, it would be because it's a little lighter than the M&P (less mass, and less ammo)...but a good holster mostly mitigates that. Just my experience. If a G19 carries easier to you, I'll assume it's due to your romance-novelish, panty-dropping body type.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to add that I've beard from multiple people that the PPQ had the best stock trigger anyone has ever tried. I don't know anyone that hasn't added ghost trigger connectors to their stock Glock.

Again, if you like the p07, make sure it's a later model. I've heard reports of Duty models flaking their finish or something like that, and the newer ones just have nicer everything. CZ's website goes into more detail on all the positive changes.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to have 3 M&P's, 40 Pro, FS40 (which I traded my compact 40 for), FS9mm and no Glocks. I now have 2 M&P's, FS40, FS9mm and 2 Glocks 17 and 19 if that says anything. I do have some interest in the XDS9 4.0, but I'm thinking the 19 might conceal just as nice.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the HK fanboy club. Before the P30 came out I was all in for the USP & USP Compact. The triggers are noticeably non-target esque but I still do my best shooting with the USP Tactical. Once the P30 came out, I was sold on the superb ergonomics and combination of size/capacity. I prefer hammered guns over strikers and in my opinion nothing beats the P30 in that department. If I was to go to a striker, it would be the VP9.

One of the hardest decisions I would ever have to make is choosing between my USP 45 Tac and the P30L.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the HK fanboy club. Before the P30 came out I was all in for the USP & USP Compact. The triggers are noticeably non-target esque but I still do my best shooting with the USP Tactical. Once the P30 came out, I was sold on the superb ergonomics and combination of size/capacity. I prefer hammered guns over strikers and in my opinion nothing beats the P30 in that department. If I was to go to a striker, it would be the VP9.

One of the hardest decisions I would ever have to make is choosing between my USP 45 Tac and the P30L.
I'd love to see a VP9 compact. The VP9 is the only thing I've tried that could lure me away from the M&P.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to see a VP9 compact. The VP9 is the only thing I've tried that could lure me away from the M&P.

I hear that it may be a possibility in the future. Have you looked at a P30sk LEM?

I am one of those strange guys that likes a manual safety on pistols, especially strikers or LEM types. Sorta the opposite of what is on the market.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to add that I've beard from multiple people that the PPQ had the best stock trigger anyone has ever tried. I don't know anyone that hasn't added ghost trigger connectors to their stock Glock.

Again, if you like the p07, make sure it's a later model. I've heard reports of Duty models flaking their finish or something like that, and the newer ones just have nicer everything. CZ's website goes into more detail on all the positive changes.

Mine's the newer version. Top notch firearm. No malfunctions, still looks new. Better than a Glock? For me, yes. For you, maybe not.

Again as others have said, you can't go wrong with the one you just "like". Buy it. Carry it. Shoot it. Have fun.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear that it may be a possibility in the future. Have you looked at a P30sk LEM?

I am one of those strange guys that likes a manual safety on pistols, especially strikers or LEM types. Sorta the opposite of what is on the market.

Yeah, I prefer the VP9. Ideally, they'd keep the barrel about 4", and only reduce the grip length. This would make a great G19 competitor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom