Ponca City is the State's Capitol of Dumbass Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yukon traffic is worse than OKC. The most pleasure I got when covid hit was working from home and not driving 16 miles, in rush hour, to and from the office down by the Capitol. I spent a total of 1 1/2 hours in traffic for a day. Then I retired and dont hardly leave the house if I dont have too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you say what you mean, you say Norman.
I thought Norman was bad when I lived there, but it’s not even in the same zip code as OKC or Tulsa when it comes to bad drivers.

Even at its worst, I never had the same driver in Norman try his damnedest to meet me at the scene of the accident twice in less than a mile.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Norman was bad when I lived there, but it’s not even in the same zip code as OKC or Tulsa when it comes to bad drivers.

Even at its worst, I never had the same driver in Norman try his damnedest to meet me at the scene of the accident twice in less than a mile.

Tulsa drivers aren’t bad. A little slow for my taste most of the time.

I got my learner’s permit in Dallas. Grew up driving on I-35 between Dallas and Austin at 16 years old. Also, lived in Houston for 4 years.

Oklahoma drivers have nothing on Texas traffic and driving habits. It’s one reason we moved up here 15 years ago. Houston I was at 95 mph in a 65 zone and had three cops pass not caring what speed I was doing.

In traffic down there, you’re either stopped in traffic or peddle to the firewall.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like everyone thinks wherever they live has the worst drivers haha!

I used to go into Edmond, OKC, and Norman all the time for work. The traffic drove me absolutely insane! So happy that now my work is focused in rural areas primarily out west of OKC. From Tuttle I take pretty much all backroads and small highways. Haven’t delt with city traffic in a couple years.. hallelujah!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa drivers aren’t bad. A little slow for my taste most of the time.

I got my learner’s permit in Dallas. Grew up driving on I-35 between Dallas and Austin at 16 years old. Also, lived in Houston for 4 years.

Oklahoma drivers have nothing on Texas traffic and driving habits. It’s one reason we moved up here 15 years ago. Houston I was at 95 mph in a 65 zone and had three cops pass not caring what speed I was doing.

In traffic down there, you’re either stopped in traffic or peddle to the firewall.
My dad got ticketed in Ft Worth for following the speed limit. It was only a warning, but…
THP said he was the most dangerous thing on the road driving 70 when others were doing 80+.
Instructed him to keep his speed with the flow of traffic.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad got ticketed in Ft Worth for following the speed limit. It was only a warning, but…
THP said he was the most dangerous thing on the road driving 70 when others were doing 80+.
Instructed him to keep his speed with the flow of traffic.
That's just dumb. I was stopped once for keeping up with traffic at 10 over the speed limit. I told the trooper I was just trying to blend in and not get run over. I wasn't ticketed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom