Pope: investors in gun companies are not Christians.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Could not possibly disagree more strongly.

I vote Billy Graham for head of the Christian church. :D

I don't care who is the head of the Christian church.

Christ is the one and only head of Christ's church. If you are part of that body, then you are a Christian.

I'll stop there before I upset too many people.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how the Pope and LDS Prophet are both protected by armed guards yet their congregations are commanded not to bring arms of any kind into the building. I may be looking for a new church in Stillwater if this rhetoric keeps up.

Good thing the Church finally changed its mind 300+ years later and revoked its condemnation of Galileo for for suggesting the earth revolved around the sun... Maybe science isn't their thing... just saying!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lead pastor at my church has his own bodyguard. They also don't prohibit concealed carry and they employee offduty police/sheriffs to provide the congregants security on the weekends. The pope also is NOT the head of this Christian Church either.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Religions hating each other makes sense, clearly, but it really cracks me up when Christians tell other Christians they are the wrong kind of Christian. It's even better when the do it hatefully.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Across all mainstream Christian denominations, the church does a great job in helping hurting people, caring for widows and orphans, restoring lives, giving hope and extending God's love here on Earth. However, it does a terrible job on matters of politics. Political activism is NOT the role of Christ's church and we are wise to steer our various churches off this misguided path. IMHO.

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the Catholic church is the original Christian church and the pope is the head of the Christian church.

The pope is the head of the Catholic church not the christian church. Big difference
A lot of believers think Roman Catholicism and they teachings they created after the Bible are wrong

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an expert:

Jesuits are the social progressives of the Catholic church. In previous centuries, they were considered a cult. Jesuits are typically intellectual, they are commonly degreed scientists and researchers in addition to theologians. Hardcore academics.

They are pretty outspoken on how to handle 'crisises' like clergy molestation. The catholic church is really insular and ultra conservative, and Jesuits are viewed as the troublemakers in the rank and file.

This is why the current papacy is considered controversial. Electing a Jesuit Pope in the catholic church is like electing a flamboyant, flaming redhot and outspoken homosexual with a law JD and an mechanical engineering degree from MIT as POTUS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom