Post your good or bad experiences with online retailers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not just guns, but anyone who did a really great job getting your stuff to you.

Yesterday morning about 8, I ordered some PTO belts and an ignition switch for a Kubota garden tractor. 1PM today, they are sitting on my front porch.

So http://www.colemanequip.com/ good job guys, will buy from you again.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MidwayUSA - awesome customer service.
OpticsPlanet- worst customer service ever.
I bought some boots, put a few miles on them, called CS. They said send them back, we'll replace. I sent them back, then got letter stating they would not replace, and I had to pay for shipping. Long story short, I spoke with manufacturer, all is right with the world now.

Everytime I buy something that OP sells, I send them an email stating what I am buying and reminding them why I'm not buying it from them.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper than Dirt - sold me a gun that was on sale, held my money for a few days, then sent me an email saying they sold out of them and refunded my money (at least they reversed the charge). Irritating but chit happens and I understand that. I asked if they would honor the sale price/free shipping when they came back in stock. They said nope and basically tough chit. Pretty crappy customer service that has cost them my business ever since.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
Good deal with Bladehq.com recently. Standard shipping was a couple of days ahead which was nice. Whitehat holsters was a good deal, took time but that's because they were a bit behind in production, but they told me that going into it. Brownells has also been good as long as I've dealt with them.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good timing for this post...

I ordered a couple of 100 round boxes of CCI Mini Mags from Goose Island Sales this morning. When I was checking out it had a shipment calculator. If I had it shipped to my residence the shipping was over $4 more that if I ship it to work. I chose to have the box shipped to work to save the extra on shipping... only to find out that they are located here in TULSA. They ended up charging me $16.09 for shipping from one address in Tulsa to another. They were quick with a response back about the sales tax but there was no mention of the over charge on the shipping... or my question, could I come pick up the ammo.

In my opinion, their shipping is OUT OF LINE, their customer service seemed overly arrogant and their online order process is misleading as hell. Won't ever buy another round from them even if they have the last one in existence. If you order from the Goose Gang here in Tulsa be prepared to bend over for the shipping.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MidwayUSA - awesome customer service.
OpticsPlanet- worst customer service ever.
I bought some boots, put a few miles on them, called CS. They said send them back, we'll replace. I sent them back, then got letter stating they would not replace, and I had to pay for shipping. Long story short, I spoke with manufacturer, all is right with the world now.

Everytime I buy something that OP sells, I send them an email stating what I am buying and reminding them why I'm not buying it from them.

My experience with opticsplanet was the opposite. Long story short a few packages was stolen off my porch around Christmas time a few years back. Optics Planet got me a replacement VERY quick with very little fuss for being a $200 Surefire WML. I've ordered from them since more than a few times with no problems.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For knives, I've ordered from Soonerstate a few times and he gets stuff out quick, like shows up the next day.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a gun deal but won an auction on EBay. After sending the money the guy sold the item out from under me. After filing a complaint with EBay, they sent me a survey asking me about my feelings. I got your feelings....

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Discount Tires via eBay.
Bought 4 tires (YOKOHAMA GEOLANDARS). Paid $368 ($468 - $100 instant discount) with free delivery. Plus I will get a $60 Visa card from Yokohama. The tires were ordered and shipped on a Weds, on my porch the next Monday.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Newegg for anything computer-related. Amazon, of course. Both top-notch.

I agree with the CTD sentiments above, they essentially did the same thing to me, and it wasn't even during the "shortage". They'll never get another dollar from me... not because they sold an item to me that was out of stock, just because of the way they handled it - they didn't give two shits about me as a customer. So, I no longer am one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom