Preparing for this year's hunting, what's missing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
I use a Rope Style Treestrap I can use it as a lineman's strap when hanging a stand. Plus it gets longer and I can attach it before I step on to a stand or detach it after I am on the ladder, The only time I got close to falling out of a tree was when I stepped from a ladder to the stand platform. the stand flipped out from under my foot I fell forward, luckily I was holding onto my tree strap.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
I use a Rope Style Treestrap I can use it as a lineman's strap when hanging a stand. Plus it gets longer and I can attach it before I step on to a stand or detach it after I am on the ladder, The only time I got close to falling out of a tree was when I stepped from a ladder to the stand platform. the stand flipped out from under my foot I fell forward, luckily I was holding onto my tree strap.
Was watching the CD that came with my new harness and they suggested that same. Thanks.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Always thought my eyes were very sharp, but awhile back a member on here and I went on a frog hunting trip in some big ranches. Pulling up to the ponds, the eyeball did not see any frogs other than some dinks in the moss. With the quality binoculars he had, we spotted them under banks in the shade, on the bank in the weeds, etc. Got our limit. The pics have been posted on OSA in the past.
The same will happen with deer that are shy about coming into the open. During rut all rules will be broken but before and after, one may not see anything more than an ear, eye, or an antler. In my tower blind I spend most of my time with the spotting scope glassing the area.

Just ordered a pair of Vortex Diamondback 8x42 for $189. After much review on the ones within my price range these won out.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered some green superfeet insoles for my Danner hunting boots also. Seemed high at over $30 but comfy feet are very important on those long hikes, especially with meat on your back.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the question, are you asking if I paid cash to buy it all, or how much for you to buy it all?
The original topic line what was what was missing. Just asking if the cash to buy all the stuff was what was missing. Sure would be in my case. Just joking around/

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original topic line what was what was missing. Just asking if the cash to buy all the stuff was what was missing. Sure would be in my case. Just joking around/
Well, that one went over my head..lol. Buying it all in one chunk would definitely put me in a bind, but I've been doing it piece by piece over several months so that helps, otherwise I couldn't do it. The daily scanning of craigslist and using search terms such as camo, hunting, deer, etc. has helped me build my inventory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom