Prices in general

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess what is most shocking to me is that houses, land, and vehicles are bringing MORE than the asking price. That’s insane.

It makes me nervous thinking about high prices could go. What’s the breaking point? I know we all have one, some higher and with some that point has already been reached.

Like you mentioned, there has to be an endpoint on inflation. We’ll see what happens throughout the year. I doubt we have seen the worst. I guess we’ll see what happens.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we creating another housing/financial market bubble? Where's the extra $$ coming from? I'm not getting 20-40% raise to offset the rising costs so I have to assume credit of some form. Will Biden then come in and pay off credit card debt for those unfortunately ones not understanding of interest rates and signing a contract?

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my stupid opinion the only way we will lower prices overall is to revalue the dollar which requires a full system reset and would cause recession, rebellion, and a crash of GDP.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we creating another housing/financial market bubble? Where's the extra $$ coming from? I'm not getting 20-40% raise to offset the rising costs so I have to assume credit of some form. Will Biden then come in and pay off credit card debt for those unfortunately ones not understanding of interest rates and signing a contract?
I saw a thread on another board questioning when the housing bubble will pop specifically in Austin TX, and the opinion of a guy in real estate said it won’t anytime soon because it’s being driven by people from Californication with ridiculous money in hand from selling their houses out there. This guy knew of 4 houses in his neighborhood that sold for $100-150k OVER asking price.

Now I’m sure it’s not happening like that every where, but even where I live in rural east TX, land prices have gotten stupid. I know a guy who was trying to buy 35 acres next to his place, and it got into a bidding war. The real estate agent was only taking cash offers, and it sold for $7200 an acre. He bid $6200, but it was only worth about $2500-3000/acre.

Latest posts

Top Bottom