Prices in general

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say the main cause of 'rising prices' in the US- under the current System (Fed Res System, et al.)- is that NObody can compete ('outspend') an institution that can pay off, blackmail, & buy out ANYone still willing to accept their fake digits. The Fed is out to 'Own it ALL'.
...And every time they 'print' more, 'our' currency is worth less.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly think these inflated prices are here to stay, and that this will be the new normal. Why would a buisness lower prices if we as a consumer are paying asking price. What are your thoughts?
We were at Sams today. A lot of meat was marked down. Guess at the high prices some just doesn’t sell fast.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel sorry for those who are oblivious this was coming and even though they might have good paying jobs now might loose them. And then there are many on SS who have not been able to or have not chosen to save enough to weather the storm. They are going to have a hard time.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are high prices here to stay, actually yes. However, if the economy really hits the skids you will be able to get some good deals on luxury items and large ticket items. The last deflationary period was 2007 to 2008. However that was during the housing crisis.

Were There Any Periods of Major Deflation in U.S. History?.

True deflation although not mentioned did occur during the late 50's of a percent or two.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we creating another housing/financial market bubble? Where's the extra $$ coming from? I'm not getting 20-40% raise to offset the rising costs so I have to assume credit of some form. Will Biden then come in and pay off credit card debt for those unfortunately ones not understanding of interest rates and signing a contract?
I think we are. The extra cash is coming from people more willing to go into debt. All lenders are raising their mortgage approval amounts, especially Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. So people can get approved for more, people will pay more, house prices continue to climb. The amount of debt in this country is honestly horrifying. Just last year we added 1 trillion in household debt and 4.5 trillion in mortgage debt in the US last year. It’s not sustainable. Our entire economy is floating on borrowed money. It has for a long time, but things are getting out of control, and there’s no stopping the snowball now.

https://www.reuters.com/business/us...y-1-trillion-2021-most-since-2007-2022-02-08/

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we are. The extra cash is coming from people more willing to go into debt. All lenders are raising their mortgage approval amounts, especially Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. So people can get approved for more, people will pay more, house prices continue to climb. The amount of debt in this country is honestly horrifying. Just last year we added 1 trillion in household debt and 4.5 trillion in mortgage debt in the US last year. It’s not sustainable. Our entire economy is floating on borrowed money. It has for a long time, but things are getting out of control, and there’s no stopping the snowball now.

https://www.reuters.com/business/us...y-1-trillion-2021-most-since-2007-2022-02-08/
Very scary

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got gas earlier out here in between Shawnee and Earlsboro and it cost me about $92 to fill up my maxima!! My wife and I are really struggling and I know of some I work with that are too. I have a feeling it’s only gonna get worse. Being an adult sucks!
51D2D406-0DE2-4162-A1C0-4259C1BFD265.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom