Pricing differences at Walmart on Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've encountered price differences in various Walmarts before.

I was in the WalMart off of MacArthur in OKC a few weeks back and noticed that their prices were significantly less on various ammo stocks than here in Lawton.

Had the chance to venture back up to OKC today and double checked. Yep, sure enough.

22LR 525 packs in Lawton: 19.47 in OKC: 15.47
9mm WWB 100s in Lawton: 24.95 in OKC: 21.95

several others noted, but these I decided to take advantage of.

Note to you folks in OKC, prices have gone up here in Lawton and in Wichita Falls. Might be a decent time to grab some before the price increases move further north.

Dave

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed that the last time I was down in Lawton.I was wondering what was up with that. Kinda Pi$$ed me off, was thinking that mabey it was our inflation from the devaluing of our dollar at first. Hope it doesnt go up any more.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 ^ In our town Wal-Mart is the only large grocery store and the prices and quality of service reflect it. It's not uncommon for only 2 lanes to be open, with 6-7 customers in each line, especially in the evening. Gun and Ammo prices are not too bad though.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wal Mart has several tiers of pricing. Those in the larger cities, where there is more competition are the lowest. Those in smaller towns, or tourist areas such as Grove, (Grand lake area) are the highest.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wal Mart has several tiers of pricing. Those in the larger cities, where there is more competition are the lowest. Those in smaller towns, or tourist areas such as Grove, (Grand lake area) are the highest.

What we're saying is that Wal-Mart sets their store prices to meet their local competition. Wal-Mart's end goal is to maximize their profit. If there is no real competition, the prices are higher. If there is competition, Wal-Mart will meet the local prices.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Wal Mart pharmacy mgr tell me that they priced their drugs according to the competition in the immediate area. Makes sense to me..You might find everything is higher in lets say Elk City or even Lawton, although Lawton is not a small town. I get the Federal 9 mm here at the Wally's in Edmond for $10.97 for box of 50 and its been that way for a quite awhile. The only thing is they are always out of .38 spec and sometimes the .357. CCI mini mags for $6.97 box of 50. A good online source I have used is Lucky Gunner. Most of the time same as Wally...

Latest posts

Top Bottom