Private License Plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this on a white suburban today with no other markings. I’ve never seen one before. View attachment 457437
If they would let it fade so it looks like a "temporary" Oklahoma tag that's about two years old, they would never get stopped and never have to worry about it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they would let it fade so it looks like a "temporary" Oklahoma tag that's about two years old, they would never get stopped and never have to worry about it.
When those two year expired paper tag owners finally go in to get a real tag, don't they have to pay the tag fee from the time it expires until the date they applied for the actual tag?
I don't see what they are accomplishing by not getting the tag when due.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When those two year expired paper tag owners finally go in to get a real tag, don't they have to pay the tag fee from the time it expires until the date they applied for the actual tag?
You sure are expecting a lot of foresight from people who have already proven that they don't have any.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If his tag says "PRIVATE", where do I get one that says "GENERAL"? Might as well buy or make a ranking tag that also explains purpose. As for these paper tags, we all see some that are ridiculously old, faded, torn and then reprinted? My buddy's wife ( title clerk at dealership ) says that there have been ongoing issues (computer, software?) causing this calamity. I think we can all spot the DODGER fans (profiler 101). New proposed bill says tag will stay with car when sold privately. Introduced after officer injury on I-235 from pulling over a legal tagless vehicle.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
In Oklahoma the maximum penalty per year is $100 plus the normal registration costs from date of purchase. The tagged date begins in the month of vehicle purchase as well. I know cops have bigger fish to fry these days but any vehicle with an expired tag of 90 days or more should be sitting in an impound lot. You can bet the person driving it doesn’t have insurance either.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma the maximum penalty per year is $100 plus the normal registration costs from date of purchase. The tagged date begins in the month of vehicle purchase as well. I know cops have bigger fish to fry these days but any vehicle with an expired tag of 90 days or more should be sitting in an impound lot. You can bet the person driving it doesn’t have insurance either.
I’ve seen some from 2022 and I don’t understand why nothing is done. Beyond a reasonable period it should be impounded until the fees and tag are paid up.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an officer sees it and decides he is in the mood to deal with the idiocy it will probably end with the driver arrested and the car towed.

You kinda have to be in the mood for the lunacy though, cause you're probably gonna have to break a window and extract the driver thru the hole. Not everyone is up for that every day.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an officer sees it and decides he is in the mood to deal with the idiocy it will probably end with the driver arrested and the car towed.

You kinda have to be in the mood for the lunacy though, cause you're probably gonna have to break a window and extract the driver thru the hole. Not everyone is up for that every day.
This does seem like it's tolerated because of the hassle of actually dealing with the moron.

It's one of those strategies that works right up until it doesn't, and at that point things go very sideways for the person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom