Private License Plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This does seem like it's tolerated because of the hassle of actually dealing with the moron.

It's one of those strategies that works right up until it doesn't, and at that point things go very sideways for the person.

If memory serves one of these idiots got ventilated not all that long ago, but I don't recall any details.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
isn't that just like an Oklahoma black tag that is for vehicles not being driven so do not require insurance and such?

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If his tag says "PRIVATE", where do I get one that says "GENERAL"? Might as well buy or make a ranking tag that also explains purpose. As for these paper tags, we all see some that are ridiculously old, faded, torn and then reprinted? My buddy's wife ( title clerk at dealership ) says that there have been ongoing issues (computer, software?) causing this calamity. I think we can all spot the DODGER fans (profiler 101). New proposed bill says tag will stay with car when sold privately. Introduced after officer injury on I-235 from pulling over a legal tagless vehicle.
I learned my lesson regarding privately selling a car and NOT Removing my license plate. I sold it as a POS, & towed off to the junkyard, I thought. Was resold, and driven on public streets here in OK. I then received a citation in the mail for some driving/ automobile infraction committed by the new owner of said vehicle. I got it cleared up per my documentation, but still a PIA. ……. SO I AM AGAINST this new proposed bill.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned my lesson regarding privately selling a car and NOT Removing my license plate. I sold it as a POS, & towed off to the junkyard, I thought. Was resold, and driven on public streets here in OK. I then received a citation in the mail for some driving/ automobile infraction committed by the new owner of said vehicle. I got it cleared up per my documentation, but still a PIA. ……. SO I AM AGAINST this new proposed bill.
Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He sold his privately in OKC. Two months later he received a stack of citations from Alabama. This was before private sale tag removal. All from an automated ticket tabulator in intersections where the buyer ran a bunch of streetlights. Make it a rule, if you don't meet buyer at tag agency to witness and ensure transfer, fill the tear perforated bottom portion of title out to have vehicle removed from your name. It cost you $10 but that's cheap insurance from a problem.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I've always been curious about people like this. Can someone with a LEO background shed some light on how an interaction with someone like this would be handled?
Unless the guy is playing demolition derby or firing a machine 🔫 out the window, cops will avoid pulling that pia over to avoid the headache.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Unless the guy is playing demolition derby or firing a machine 🔫 out the window, cops will avoid pulling that pia over to avoid the headache.
Maybe we should all get them. With my luck, if my tag was 61 days out of date I’d be getting stopped. Maybe I’ll just not file a tax return this year either. Seems to work ok for some people. I know cops have more important things to work on these days but I wish people like this got their vehicles impounded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom