Puerto Ricans back Statehood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We speak good 'ol American at home. Tried that proper English but we all just got confused.
Heh. Well-spotted.

I was watching an old episode of Baa Baa Black Sheep just this afternoon. The Black Sheep had captured a Japanese pilot, and were surprised when he responded to their questioning in English. "You speak English?" "Also American."

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Served with many fine Puerto Rican Soldiers and Officers over the years. Got into one heck of a firefight in 2003 in Iraq. The Puerto Rico National Guard was there for us and fought like champs. I have nothing but respect for the Island and their people. They fight for the United States, are U.S. citizens, statehood only makes sense. My partner in crime for many years was a Command Sergeant Major from Puerto Rico. He handled troops like no one I have seen before or since. Bring puerto Rico in with open arms if they desire, their culture and service will complement the flag.
One of the Best NCO's I ever served with was a female Puerto Rican SSG, in Iraq.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a reason why it's nickname is "Welfare Island". The average income there is about half of Mississippi's (our poorest state). Half of working age men don't work and many that do have government jobs. This is not a culture of ambition. A third of households are on food stamps and in PR, much of the food stamp benefit comes in cash that they can use however they want. This US possession is costing us a fortune and statehood wouldn't help any of this burden. Unless you're just after that voting block, why would anyone want this island as a state?

Latest posts

Top Bottom