Question for the Politically Astute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper7011

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From all the reading I do here, I've noticed that there are alot of posters who closely follow everything to do with state politics. <sigh> I wish I was one of those. Ok, better late than never. With all the political positions coming up, how about people in the know help the rest of us out. Primarily, what are the voting records on the candidates concerning Constitutional rights. This is the first year that I will be voting in Oklahoma and though I lean toward the conservative Republican side, as we all know, not all Republicans are created equally. Neither are the Democrats, ok ok. Although in my experience, most liberals are created equally. None can actually think for themselves and common sense is not taught at a liberal college! :)

Thanks for the help!

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Common sense isnt taught at conservative schools either... Google Oral Roberts U. Or those ultra conservative schools back east.

Now that we have established critical thinking isnt a requirement for higher education lets move on!

You really should educate yourself on your district's candidates, after all you have no say n who other districts elect. What I think is Constitutional or in the long term best interest of this glorious state might be considered treason by another.

Sorry, but the literal very least you can do as a citizen is educate yourself, otherwise you are showing no more common sense than the liberals you mock.

Good luck

keeper7011

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem educating myself about my local candidates. They are easy to get to. I'm sorry, but none of the governor candidates live locally. Nor do the Representatives, Senators, or Congressmen. Not mocking Liberals, just stating my opinion. If you would have read the entire message instead of keying in on the fact that I don't personally have much use for liberals, then you would have seen that I was asking for INFORMATION? Since you didn't care to volunteer anything useful, except to take offense, I think that I can respectfully suggest that maybe you just had a bad day? Anyhow, thanks Veggie for the information. That will help me in my research and aid me in making a decision. I love to read everybody's opinions on the forum. While I will not agree with everyone, I would not try to demean someone else. or their opinion.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you would like the discuss potential candidates' 2nd Amendment/Firearms voting records here, that will be fine.

Any discussion outside that realm will be locked or deleted or both.

Carry on.........

Michael Brown

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Keeper-
Everyday is a holiday and every meal a banquet. As long as i am above ground with most my fun parts still attached I'm a happy camper. I read the entire post and thought your snide 'opinion' could use a counterpoint.

As for helping you, like I said the very least you could do as a good citizen of the republic is research the candidates yourself. Letting other do my thinking doesnt make sense to me. Google is your friend. There is plenty of time to get up to speed.

Sometimes the path to enlightenment is like a crock pot, microwaves are for 7-11 burritos.

keeper7011

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir, Mr Brown, that was what I was hoping to accomplish; intelligent conversation, opinions, and maybe even facts. As I stated before, I am new to Oklahoma politics, but want to do my part to try to be an informed citizen. From the posts that I have read on this forum, there are lots of people who seem to have followed the politics in this fair state for a long time. I know that I don't know all the answers nor am I familiar with most of the candidates. As a somewhat intelligent man, although there are some who probably question that statement :), I know that in order to gain relevant knowledge on a subject, you research many sources, especially those who know more than you do on a subject. I have been using the internet before there were all the pretty little pictures and therefore know that while Google may be my friend, there is a lot of erroneous information out there and Google makes no attempt to make sure all the information is accurate.
While I have no desire to start a running verbal battle, which no one actually wins, I don't usually back down from unwarranted attacks. My idea of the path to enlightenment is to obtain as much information from as many sources as I can, sift through the data, and try to make an informed decision with my brain....not my stomach. Then hope I made the right decision! One learns as much from failure as one does from success. (at least I keep telling myself that) LOL! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir, Mr Brown, that was what I was hoping to accomplish; intelligent conversation, opinions, and maybe even facts. As I stated before, I am new to Oklahoma politics, but want to do my part to try to be an informed citizen. From the posts that I have read on this forum, there are lots of people who seem to have followed the politics in this fair state for a long time. I know that I don't know all the answers nor am I familiar with most of the candidates. As a somewhat intelligent man, although there are some who probably question that statement :), I know that in order to gain relevant knowledge on a subject, you research many sources, especially those who know more than you do on a subject. I have been using the internet before there were all the pretty little pictures and therefore know that while Google may be my friend, there is a lot of erroneous information out there and Google makes no attempt to make sure all the information is accurate.
While I have no desire to start a running verbal battle, which no one actually wins, I don't usually back down from unwarranted attacks. My idea of the path to enlightenment is to obtain as much information from as many sources as I can, sift through the data, and try to make an informed decision with my brain....not my stomach. Then hope I made the right decision! One learns as much from failure as one does from success. (at least I keep telling myself that) LOL! Any help is greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you know what to do to research the candidates.

Go forth and enjoy the process.

Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom