Race/Competiton Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.40 gives you major scoring factor. 9mm is minor. You get a better score with the larger caliber.
I never knew that. I just assumed everyone shot 9mm. I don't care about competing as much as I would just like to shoot some of the courses I see on TV. Where do people practice for competition shooting? It seems to me that standing at a platform shooting at the range wouldn't translate very well.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.40 gives you major scoring factor. 9mm is minor. You get a better score with the larger caliber.

I agree! If you are using a comp'd gun the .40, or even a 38 super, will give you more power to work the comp. Sounds odd but a good comp controls muzzle flip with a more powerful hot round like a .40 over the 9mm.

If you are focused on getting a full race rig I've seen some on the Guns America site recently. They were much less than the $3k mentioned above. Oh, and you really can spend $3k on a full rig...really easily.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Be aware not all .40sw's are major PF. And they usually don't chrono at local matches anyway.
I run a M&P40 Pro with apex/Taylor freelance/SSS parts. I love that gun!

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to get into it too. I swapper my FDE Gen4 Glock 22 upper for a 35 upper with fiber optic sights, etc. I'm hoping I can use this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom