Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built myself 4 more pipe jacks/stands. Had some short pieces of pipe and square tube left from other projects so it made good use of drop. I’ve got a project to start next week that these will be super handy for. I’m gonna be building a steel framed deck that is movable. There will be two 13’x18’ frames that will roll back and forth to cover a pool during the winter and when it’s pool use season the decks will be rolled and stored at the ends of the pool. This rolling pool deck project is one I’ve been sweating for a couple years. Making a rolling pool cover ain’t hard but making a rolling pool cover that I feel confident putting a bunch of people on top of is nerve racking. Anyhow, these stands in addition to what I already own will help me get everything framed up in the shop without having to crawl on the ground. I’m just 39 years old but I’ve taken horrible care of my body and my back gives out if I lean over or crawl around too much. Anyhow, here’s my homemade stands. The cradles aren’t permanent so I can swap them for other project requirements if needed. The stands are 35” tall.
View attachment 438020View attachment 438021View attachment 438022View attachment 438023View attachment 438024
Some beautiful work and some great ideas also!👍

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying out making a set of gaskets with my 3D printer and some TPU filament. I'll let you know how it goes. These aren't for an engine or anything like that, it's something for the glass top of the printer to rest on, that is part of a riser I'm printing.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turned out nice, although the pics depth of field (focus) isn't all that great.

PXL_20231219_231124835.jpg

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried it once before, didn't work all that well. This time I dried it for a day first, so we shall see.

Edit: BTW, how is the Pi working out for your on that printer you bought? Ever set up Octopi on it?
I have to admit i have not set the Pi up. I have been so busy at work etc. but everything works great that i am using. :-)

Your Tpu prints look good!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit i have not set the Pi up. I have been so busy at work etc. but everything works great that i am using. :-)

Your Tpu prints look good!
Yeah they came out nice, I guess dry TPU is good TPU. I hadn't tried it on the Bambu yet, it won't go through the AMS (automatic material switcher) so you have to hang it off the back. Kind of a pain when you are used to the convenience of the AMS, or I'm just getting lazy. I'm printing a riser for the AMS to sit on, that has drawers and places for build plates.

AMS Riser Remix by maCyo42 Remixed by maCyo42

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking on 3D stuff--
Why would the installer of this (tankless water heater) not put a pvc screen or something on this intake? Not sure, but think it should have something so mouse won't go down?
maybe not needed, but it has one now.
took me 2 minutes to draw and 13 minutes to print, and cost 17 cents of material.
Why didn't I make it out of white? Because I want folks that see it to ask why. :-)

Attachments

• IMG_7497.jpg
    IMG_7497.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7732.jpg
    IMG_7732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7731.jpg
    IMG_7731.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 0

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back, my 80-something neighbor cut down a big sycamore on his property, and graciously gave me the trunk of the tree to have milled into lumber. It turned out to have some nice spalting, and I’ve made some furniture from it. Right before Thanksgiving, he lost his wife of 50+ years to Alzheimer’s; his daughter told me he found a plain old black hinged picture frame and put in it his fave pics of him with his wife. I got a similar-sized frame from Amazon with black hardware, and I made this picture frame out of the same sycamore, using the hardware from the other frame. The backs are made from nice pieces of alder. I think it turned out decently; I’m hoping my neighbor will appreciate the origin of the wood ;)

IMG_6425.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back, my 80-something neighbor cut down a big sycamore on his property, and graciously gave me the trunk of the tree to have milled into lumber. It turned out to have some nice spalting, and I’ve made some furniture from it. Right before Thanksgiving, he lost his wife of 50+ years to Alzheimer’s; his daughter told me he found a plain old black hinged picture frame and put in it his fave pics of him with his wife. I got a similar-sized frame from Amazon with black hardware, and I made this picture frame out of the same sycamore, using the hardware from the other frame. The backs are made from nice pieces of alder. I think it turned out decently; I’m hoping my neighbor will appreciate the origin of the wood ;)

View attachment 439067

Excellent gesture, and I bet he will appreciate it more than you will ever know. Good for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom