Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just made a portable ball hitch mount for HF2500lb winch for those smaller pesky pull needs. Used HF trailer coupler (67650 $15) 3500# 2" ball coupler for 3" trailer tongue, a fairlead mounting plate (60552 $6) matching winch. Drilled plate/winch mounting pattern into flat top area of coupler clearing coupler latching lever.. Mounted plate/winch facing away from coupler ball pocket. Added through bolts to ensure coupler rigidity under load and to attach short chain lengths to attach longer chain for use around tree/pole.... Use Jeep battery in a plastic marine box with short leads......small push connectors between battery and winch. Easy peasy winch mount for any 2" ball hitch.....front or rear on all my jeeps, trucks, ATVs. Provides straight alignment to pull direction with plenty of vertical alignment. I use a HF dual hitch extender 69881 to mount the winch over tongue of attached trailer to winch loads on/off rear of trailer.

For bigger pulls, use the HF winch mount (57607 $75) with the Apex 12000lb synthetic rope winch in any 2" mount. Have never been disappointed in the HF winch/towing offerings.

Stay tuned....just bought the HF 1/2T pickemup truck crane, taller 41" version. Instead of single bed installation mount, working on a strapping mount for bed/trailer stake pockets, trailer railings. Also, will be able to sit crane on ground quick connected to Jeep front or rear bumper to load rear hatch or front of rear cargo carriers. Little crane is amazing, even more so when flexible mounting in play.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking on 3D stuff--
Why would the installer of this (tankless water heater) not put a pvc screen or something on this intake? Not sure, but think it should have something so mouse won't go down?
maybe not needed, but it has one now.
took me 2 minutes to draw and 13 minutes to print, and cost 17 cents of material.
Why didn't I make it out of white? Because I want folks that see it to ask why. :-)
We just made something similar, to cover the sink drain when washing the puppies. We still want it to drain, but they kept putting their feet down the drain. My wife whipped one up in Tinkercad and I printed it out. It's nice being able to make things like that when we need them.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saved myself $290 by modifying a Dillon trim die and tool head. The only trim die they sell for 300 Blackout is a carbide one that list for $230. Then you need a special toolhead that is cut down in height. I took a cheaper 7.62 x 39mm trim die and trimmed some length off the threaded end and I flipped a toolhead over and milled it out like a factory shortened one. The modified toolhead from Dillon is $60. I adjusted my 650 so when the ram is all the way up it puts enough tension on the brass to keep it from spinning when the trimmer touches it. It worked great at a price I could afford. I just finished trimming around 2000 rds. of brass.
DSCF6482.JPG
DSCF6481.JPG

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Printed a storage riser for my Automatic Material Switcher, that goes with my 3d printer. It will hold two drawers that I'm printing now, two spare bed plates, the glass top to the printer and a filament holder on the side. The thing is a pretty large print as you can see from the coffee cup I set next to it for scale. It was four major pieces, six minor and another six gaskets I printed in TPU. When the drawers are done and I get it on the machine, I will post another picture.

PXL_20231225_220618542.MP.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Printed a storage riser for my Automatic Material Switcher, that goes with my 3d printer. It will hold two drawers that I'm printing now, two spare bed plates, the glass top to the printer and a filament holder on the side. The thing is a pretty large print as you can see from the coffee cup I set next to it for scale. It was four major pieces, six minor and another six gaskets I printed in TPU. When the drawers are done and I get it on the machine, I will post another picture.

View attachment 440215
What was the total time to print it all?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What was the total time to print it all?
Let me think, by the time I'm done with the drawers, it should be just shy of 80 hours. Normally this printer screams through projects, but this one had such a high structural strength need that it took longer than normal. The longest prints were the back two segments of it which were 17 hours a piece. Fortunately this machine is pretty set it and forget it, you don't have to baby it much. I can also check it and correct some things by phone from anywhere there is a signal. The most common error is when retracting the filament during a material change, it can get stuck. Usually just telling it to retry will fix it and that can be done remotely.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back, my 80-something neighbor cut down a big sycamore on his property, and graciously gave me the trunk of the tree to have milled into lumber. It turned out to have some nice spalting, and I’ve made some furniture from it. Right before Thanksgiving, he lost his wife of 50+ years to Alzheimer’s; his daughter told me he found a plain old black hinged picture frame and put in it his fave pics of him with his wife. I got a similar-sized frame from Amazon with black hardware, and I made this picture frame out of the same sycamore, using the hardware from the other frame. The backs are made from nice pieces of alder. I think it turned out decently; I’m hoping my neighbor will appreciate the origin of the wood ;)

View attachment 439067
Your woodworking skills continue to impress me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom