Recommendations for New Small SUV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to own a subi, but damn they are expensive (and hold value...). I own a murano and enjoy it. The Rogue is smaller, in case size matters to you.

I've had a lot of luck win Nissan, but your mileage may vary.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out this RAV4 on a steep incline.

That's awesome, but I don't think it's a RAV4. It's clearly a diesel from the audio. Plus, it's too big. The Prado is the same as a 4Runner/FJC/Tacoma.

Don't get me wrong; my DD is an FJC. If Toyota would offer their trucks with a diesel in North America, they might take over the world.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome, but I don't think it's a RAV4. It's clearly a diesel from the audio. Plus, it's too big. The Prado is the same as a 4Runner/FJC/Tacoma.

Don't get me wrong; my DD is an FJC. If Toyota would offer their trucks with a diesel in North America, they might take over the world.

Haha yeah it's not a rav-4 at all. I just thought it was impressive considering how regular it looks similar to the rav-4. I think the only thing here that is similar is a Lexus suv.

okchief

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad recently bought a Mazda CX-5. This really surprised me because he's had 2 Tundras, my step mom has a Rav-4 and I have a 2015 Tundra myself.. But he said he done his research and decided that was his best choice.. I haven't looked into them that much but I'm impressed with all the features it has. It's supposed to have great reviews and a lifetime powetrain warranty. He got it in Tulsa.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Subaru Outback is the most practical vehicle I've ever owned. Subaru Forester is great too.
Does your Outback use a lot of oil? We went to Outbacks as company cars and I haven't really cared for it. It rides much rougher than I expected and they all seem to use a lot of oil. We only keep them for 85k, then we get new ones. Mine has 44k and uses a quart about every 4k miles. Some guys use a quart every 2500 miles. They ALL use oil though. I had planned on getting my wife a Legacy but decided against it because of the oil issues.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does your Outback use a lot of oil? We went to Outbacks as company cars and I haven't really cared for it. It rides much rougher than I expected and they all seem to use a lot of oil. We only keep them for 85k, then we get new ones. Mine has 44k and uses a quart about every 4k miles. Some guys use a quart every 2500 miles. They ALL use oil though. I had planned on getting my wife a Legacy but decided against it because of the oil issues.

My whole family drives Subaru, and they don't *all* use oil! I have a 2013 4-cylinder...it uses about 1/3 a quart during the entire oil change life (around 7500 miles). My brother has a 2014 and it uses about 1/2 a quart during the oil change life. My dad has a 2015 and it doesn't use any. I've heard of the older models (i.e., older engine designs) using more, but newer engines don't. They did manufacture a run with defective piston rings (i.e., various models from 2011-2014); they used a lot of oil, and the owners get some compensation for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom