reloading benches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator-1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently was told by my wife if I would gather all my guns and reloading stuff I could have a man room in the back of storage building. Well I got to work quickly before a change of mind could take place. Question I am wanting to build a solid reloading bench any good places that has plans and picts? I am thinking of a L shape about 24"wide, 5 ft on the short side and 8 ft on the long side. I have an old comfortable office chair that is adjustable that I am thinking of using and guessing the height of the bench to be about 30". I reload pistol, rifle with an old single stage RCBS and a 10/10 scale. I am not fast but they do a good job. I have 2 mecs an older 600 jr and a new sizemaster for 12 and 20 ga. Anyway looking to do this on the cheep so any ideas, picts,and/or plans are appreciated.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll probably get more responses on the "ammo talk" forum. I use a Black and Decker workmate bench, but there are lots of plans for better loading benches. One thing to remember is that everyone's needs vary a little. Plan to set up your initial system with clamps so you can move stuff around before you commit to a permanent configuration.

Put the shotgun loaders on 3/4 inch plywood bases and use a clamp if necessary. With the loader toward the back of the base, no hold downs are needed. I loaded all my shotgun stuff from a standing position and had the bench about 40 inches high. Lots faster and really more comfortable. hardball requires that stuff be bolted down. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom