Rem 700 .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know you don't shoot deer at 1000 yards! !!

Some people do - I don't; however I wouldn't double guess lethality of 6mm on thin skinned game even at that range (with proper bullet). Thick skinned game I'd want 200gn+ projectile.

And that's the problem with 270 - it offers you thin skin game performance with thick skin game kick.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son-in-law's cheap Mossberg .270 will shoot .75 inches at 100. Don't know about any further out. I've never noticed recoil being bad with any .270's I've shot, in fact I was pleasantly surprised with the first one I ever shot. And trust me, I'm not a fan of recoil.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son-in-law's cheap Mossberg .270 will shoot .75 inches at 100. Don't know about any further out. I've never noticed recoil being bad with any .270's I've shot, in fact I was pleasantly surprised with the first one I ever shot. And trust me, I'm not a fan of recoil.

Lets see a few 5 shot groups or a 10 shot string. Accuracy and recoil might actually not be so great if you're talking 1-3 shot groups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom