Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat. night movie, bottle of pop, bag of popcorn, & candy bar all for a quarter.
Field work - Pulling bolls, hauling hay, cuttin broomcorn, picking up pecans. The way I paid $550 cash for my first car.
Biggest complaint is only got paid .02 for my pop bottles.
8 - 10 guys in one pickup rabbit hunting at night. Everybody had either a .22 or .410. Guys in pickup bed shooting over heads of those riding on hood. Absolutely dumber than hell, but man, we had fun. Nope, nobody ever got hurt.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when 8 track tapes were locked in a display case and there was a sheet of plexiglass covering them, with holes about 4 inches in diameter all over. They were just big enough to squeeze your hand in so you could read the songs on the tape, but you couldn't pull the tape through the hole.

If you wanted to buy a tape, you contacted an employee there, who had a key to the box. Then, one of two things happened: the employee either took the tape to the front checkout for you to purchase. Or, they gave the tape to you, and then followed you all over the store, until you paid for the tape and left.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when 8 track tapes were locked in a display case and there was a sheet of plexiglass covering them, with holes about 4 inches in diameter all over. They were just big enough to squeeze your hand in so you could read the songs on the tape, but you couldn't pull the tape through the hole.

If you wanted to buy a tape, you contacted an employee there, who had a key to the box. Then, one of two things happened: the employee either took the tape to the front checkout for you to purchase. Or, they gave the tape to you, and then followed you all over the store, until you paid for the tape and left.
Sounds like Kmart. I bought a 30/30 at Kmart with my first "real" paycheck. (the first one to have money stolen from it to support the government)

Latest posts

Top Bottom