S&W Sigma .40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LARscout0311

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who is selling his and Im looking to find wether they are decent or not, pros and cons. Its not gonna be a carry or duty gun so I dont need to see "get a Glock" or other stuff like that.

Please keep comments limited to the Sigma .40. I dont care about the M&Ps or SD9 or what ever S&W made after the Sigma. Just want to know about Sigma .40s.

brotherbrown831

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a sigma 40. It was my first handgun, I bought it because it was cheap. Its been a great gun, no real problems, but now that I know more about pistols I have decided to replace it with something a little more refined. The heavy trigger is likely its biggest issue.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check YouTube for an easy trigger fix (looks easy enough but I've never tried it). They do have the proprietary rail on the front though. Otherwise they are a lot like a Glock but with a more normal grip angle (some like and some don't). I wouldn't mind picking one up for the right price, but some people seem to think that because they are like a Glock that they should price them like a Glock.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the first gun I ever bought. I loved it but ended up selling it instead of saving up for a 2nd gun. The trigger pull sucks but you get used to it. I'd give 225-250 for a used one. I'm pretty sure before "the craze" they were 299 new pretty much everywhere. You won't regret it.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the sigma 9 count? I had one of those, and same issue with the trigger. Never failed me or the guy I sold it to. Don't know where it's gotten off to now, but I have no regrets about buying it. For what its worth, I'd have kept it if I wasn't in a financial bind at the time and trying to consolidate calibers.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have the Sigma in 9mm that I bought in 2002. I have bought and traded 20-30 pistols since I bought the Sigma. There's something about it with me, put 2000+ rounds through it and have NEVER had a jam or FTF. Other than the heavy trigger, this is the only handgun that I plan to keep forever! (sorry about review not being specific to 40).

Latest posts

Top Bottom