Safe Technician Recommendations in the OKC Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem, cannon sent a key (keyhole is directly behind the electronic combo, twist t counter clockwise to remove), they also sent a replacement electronic combo keyboard. In order to get the key, I had to supply the safes serial number.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do people do during EMP strikes to get into their electronic keypad safes???

"Yes, we had a warrantee on that (if you could get a hold of them) but our technicians are busy trying to get into their own electronic keypad safes, no you cannot collect on the $10,000 since money is now meaningless..."

Get a safe with a good combination lock, defray the cost by selling it to someone else once fixed.

I am sorry that happened, very frustrating.

outlawfirearms

Marksman
Reaction score
O you could get in you just don't want to have to do it that way!!

I am waiting on a couple of Safe Technicians to get back with me on estimates to drill my safe and replace the lock with mechanical dial lock. I am also waiting on Kaba Mas to see if they have any recommendations to try that I haven't tried already. The way it sounds, its going to be at least a couple of weeks before the folks I have spoken with can get out to open it once I decide who to go with. I'll update everyone when I get the safe opened.

outlawfirearms

Marksman
Reaction score
A stretch I know, but if you remember it, have you tried it?

Do you get any feedback from the keypad, like a blinking red LED?

Do you hear any clicking after the combo is entered?
Yes. I tried to default combination and that didn't work. There is no sound from inside the safe door like when the lock bolt normally disengages to open the door. From the input I received, I found a manual for the lock online today. After I enter my code and when I entered the default code, the safe beeped and the green light flashed each second for three minutes. According to the manual, that is a three-minute lockout period. Very frustrating.

outlawfirearms

Marksman
Reaction score
I had the same problem, cannon sent a key (keyhole is directly behind the electronic combo, twist t counter clockwise to remove), they also sent a replacement electronic combo keyboard. In order to get the key, I had to supply the safes serial number.
My Safe is registered with Cannon and they are sending me a new NL keypad and lock. However, there is not a keyhole behind the keypad or anywhere else on the safe. I also asked the Cannon Customer Service rep and she also advised me there is no key access to open the safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom