Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, considering they were given to Moses and the Jews, i'm guessing they are cool with them.

I'd agree that thou shalt not kill is a good thing, but some people would object to the notion that a divine being command them to do anything.

Also, to get to your earlier question, "I am the Lord thy God" and "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" are probably ones that not everyone can get behind.

All that said, do you really need a large stone version of 'thou shalt not kill' to be reminded that it's a bad thing to kill?

Exactly! If it was put up as a symbol of morality, instead of Christianity, then they could have left the 1st 4 off and saved themselves a fair amount of $$$

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny but I have seen very few saying that other religions should not be allowed to put up something. In fact most of the religious types seem to be in favor of it.

As far as needing something to remind people not to kill, watching the news seems to say that maybe some people do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom