say ban does not happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you will buy more from this point on to stock pile for the day these are outlawed?

I know ill always buy a box of ammo when i go to walmarts, academy & bass pro.
Ill prob order 5-7 mags here and there until i feel i have enough & ill buy more guns, enough to have in a few places.

i did not take part in the 08 rush... every dime i had in 08 went to my wedding and the start of my business, honestly i did not even know of the rush in 08 loll ill tell you this much i was not prepared for this next time ill be able to just sit back and put my money to the NRA instead of buying every gun i could find

I already have all the ammo/guns/mags I'll ever need. Had them for years. The 2008 run caught a lot of people by suprise. Same situation as it is today.
I don't buy at idiot prices.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how long this frenzy will last if nothing significant gets passed. About how long did it take to calm down after O was elected the first time? 1 year? 18 months? That feels about right but I can' t quite remember.

Might be a longer period of craziness this time. I've already decided that if ARs get back down to the sub $1k range, I'm going to buy a few just to ensure my kids at least have the opportunity at ownership. Get some significant stockpiles of ammo too. I would imagine that there are many thinking the same thing right now so it may be a while before things get back to reasonable even if nothing gets passed.

It was almost a year before availablity was normal in 2008. I think it will be worse this time.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I already have all the ammo/guns/mags I'll ever need. Had them for years. The 2008 run caught a lot of people by suprise. Same situation as it is today.

A guns only worth what ya can get out of it. I aint buyin and i aint sellin. Buy in bulk has always worked in the past, so when my stock gets low enough, ill replenish no matter the cost. By then things should level out.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah yeah yeah....you've said this 40 times in the last couple of days but keep failing to mention that you're 100 years old and well situated to tie up thousands of dollars in ammo and accessories.:tounge2:

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just dont get the ammo deal, I dont think they are going to stop making it or outlaw it. So why spend a ton of money to stock up on something thats going to be around for a long time? I understand the guns and mags are questionable, but ammo, really?

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"I know ill always buy a box of ammo when i go to walmarts, academy & bass pro.
Ill prob order 5-7 mags here and there until i feel i have enough & ill buy more guns, enough to have in a few places."

That's what me and Mrs. have done for quite awhile. When ever we went to Wallys Place we had
the understanding that either one of us would swing buy the ammo dept. and pick up ammo.
Amazing how much you can actually aquire that way. And I told those friends and family members
to try to do the same thing. It's that slow n steady thing that wins the race.

Last edited:

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've already decided that if ARs get back down to the sub $1k range, I'm going to buy a few just to ensure my kids at least have the opportunity at ownership. Get some significant stockpiles of ammo too. I would imagine that there are many thinking the same thing right now so it may be a while before things get back to reasonable even if nothing gets passed.

Just watch they will make a move to not allow the passing down of guns, mags and ammo.
I for one am with the camp that we will never see AR's for sale again, nor any ammo to feed any military rifle.
Same with ever being able to aquire a magazine that has a greater than 10+ capacity. I'm strictly speaking from
retailers,unless military style rifle, pistols, mags and ammo survive at all, I'm afraid it will be with taxes that put them out of everyones reach financially and a host of gov. mandates that are illegal. I do think that we will still have a (several months) window before the hammer drops. Funny how fast Gov, works to pass legislation when
it going to benifit them and their plans.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade but when the fire has burnt your home to the ground, it's too
late to put up a smoke detector. I hate it for everyone that hasn't had an opprotunity to live long enough to
put back a few (read lots) guns,mags and ammo. Unless you are born wealthy, that takes years to do usually. I'm not also trying to instill any fear, but I believe if you don't have it now, you're never gonna get it later. I pray I'm
in the wrong camp. But it's people that are thinking like me in never being able to aquire, that will run out and drop $1700 or more on an AR. Therefore, the high prices.

All I'm guilty of doing is buying a little over priced 9mm ammo but you won't see me paying the prices on the
boards today. If I don't get the ammo to shoot with, will it be availabe in 6-12 months? Therefore, the high prices. Maybe if I had been caught completely with my pants down and had nothing, I'd be selling off
the wife and dogs to aquire it though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom