Scott Pruitt resignation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, there was a time when small government folks would have lined up to punch pruitt in the face for spending money on things like $1500 for fountain pens or five figures for a private phone booth.

But alas, those days seem to be gone.

Now it's all about pivoting to blame the media and not the guy who spent nearly $3.5 million on his personal security in a single year.

Sorry, but I don't have to "pivot" to blame the media. I'm in that mode almost all the time. On the other hand, I also wasn't crazy about some of his actions, and I'm glad to see him gone.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhh...so many discrepancies at the EPA. Just look at this list of things that were done, and the media covered very little of it...

EPA Scandals

While I don't agree with some of the things Pruitt has done, the list at that link were all under the Obama administration's time.
He tried to fix the things Obama did wrong, people don't like that are crazy. Didn't like what he did on the pot petition, but he was playing it safe. Actually, he did use a favor, we got a better pot law. lmao

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_895FF2D8_B235_468D_8665_B5BE8C21E0CF_zpsj5zfjapt.gif

Right? It's like we just went through two administrations of it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t understand these pics that Trump has made. Is he taking advice from the wrong people or is he just ignorant to who he picks? Either way he needs to make better decisions. Hopefully with the new justice he will pick the right one for our country.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t understand these pics that Trump has made. Is he taking advice from the wrong people or is he just ignorant to who he picks? Either way he needs to make better decisions. Hopefully with the new justice he will pick the right one for our country.
If the article I read earlier pans out, the dims are going to lose their ****. Think originalist on the 2A. Think hearing a lot more 2A cases and potentially getting stuff reversed. It was stated that Scalia moderated his opinion only to get Kennedy on board for joining the majority in DC vs. Heller. This guy makes Scalia look like a lib according to this article. The supposed #2 is almost as good.

I believe it was Washington Post, but they all have an agenda and they could just be stoking the libtards up for the fight coming next week. I feel that's likely what it was but here's to hoping. :drunk5:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If the article I read earlier pans out, the dims are going to lose their ****. Think originalist on the 2A. Think hearing a lot more 2A cases and potentially getting stuff reversed. It was stated that Scalia moderated his opinion only to get Kennedy on board for joining the majority in DC vs. Heller. This guy makes Scalia look like a lib according to this article. The supposed #2 is almost as good.

I believe it was Washington Post, but they all have an agenda and they could just be stoking the libtards up for the fight coming next week. I feel that's likely what it was but here's to hoping. :drunk5:

I think Gorsuch is turning out great. He's not a "conservative;" he seems to be very much an originalist. Sometimes that's going to be a fairly liberal position, particularly with regards to matters concerning First Amendment rights, rights of the accused, etc. "Liberal" wasn't always the dirty word it is today; Jefferson, Madison, etc. were very liberal for their time. Modern leftists are quite different.

I would really like to see him nominate Mike Lee. Vox wrote of him that he "frames his opposition to progressive legislation or regulation in terms of the constitutional commitment to federalism and a limited national government." I approve wholeheartedly. Proponent of sentencing reform, opposed to unilateral military action, opposed to NSA surveillance. I *like* this guy! There are a few on the list who seem to let their faith guide their decisions, and I think that's a bad thing in a judge, who should be ruling based on the Constitution first, statutes second, and caselaw third. Barrett is one who concerns me on that point--she refused to disavow the idea that her faith should be subordinate to the Constitution when she's on the bench--though she also appears to be in favor of dismantling the "administrative state," which is a good thing, and appears to be ripe (Thomas, in a recent opinion, noted that the "Chevron two-step" ought to be reconsidered, which is a Really Big Deal in reducing the power of administrative agencies). Hardiman thinks it's A-OK to make it illegal to record the police in the performance of their duties, which is disturbing in and of itself, given the abuse of power that gets revealed on a regular basis, as well as for the fundamental belief in strong, unreviewable governmental power that it indicates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom