SCOTUS Rules In Favor Of Marriage Equality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holding: Fourteenth Amendment requires a state to license a marriage between two people of the same sex. And to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when a marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out of state.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to have equal rights, entirely another if they force religious places of worship to violate their beliefs then it means we are one step closer to:

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My personal belief is that same-sex marriage is wrong, I think the ruling is correct as far as equal rights are concerned. I haven't read the opinion, but first thoughts are along the lines of what will the "unintended consequences" be. I can see the attempt of someone "marrying their "same-sex" dog, so they can get the benefit of joint filing on their taxes. And the next question will be the conflicts between this ruling and the right of religious freedom.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to have equal rights, entirely another if they force religious places of worship to violate their beliefs then it means we are one step closer to:

i don't have it in front of me, but i believe i saw something in the opinion that said that religious organizations can still exercise a first amendment right to speak out against same sex marriage. Or something like that.

Not sure how it will play out, though, but it was discussed i believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and conservatives get their azz kicked for the second time this week....

Wonder if they'll wake up and figure out to leave social issues alone.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Give it time... they WILL sue and will eventually win, forcing churches to perform same-sex marriages, even if it violates their core beliefs. It is all part of the growing war on Christianity. There's no doubt in my mind this is coming. Which will force churches to stop performing weddings or violate their beliefs.

Not Muslim clerics, though. That won't happen.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give it time... they WILL sue and will eventually win, forcing churches to perform same-sex marriages, even if it violates their core beliefs. It is all part of the growing war on Christianity. There's no doubt in my mind this is coming. Which will force churches to stop performing weddings or violate their beliefs.

Not Muslim clerics, though. That won't happen.

Maybe an actual reading of the ruling is in order?

This reminds me of all the homophobes out there that believe every gay man wants to nail them. Pretty sure the gays won't be hitting up the southern baptists for marriage. Spare me the war on christianity BS.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "social issues" are the basis of what made us the grand country that we are. We can give in to the changing social fads and become like Europe, or we can continue to stand for the moral principles of our past. I know where I am standing.

This reminds me of all the homophobes out there that believe every gay man wants to nail them. Pretty sure the gays won't be hitting up the southern baptists for marriage. Spare me the war on christianity BS.[/QUOTE]

And you can spare us the atheist BS. Quoting Ben Carson, "I believe God created me, and you believe you came from apes. You have convinced me. You win"

Latest posts

Top Bottom