Sears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For many years the Sears stores in smaller towns sold only appliances, mowers and the like. No clothing, jewelry or anything similar. Those type stores of years back did sell Craftsman tools if I recall correctly. The big conglomerate that bought the Craftsman name is apparently trying re-establish it as a quality tool line. Sears in its last years had turned Craftsman into poorly made China junk.

That same big conglomerate is killing off the Porter Cable tools, at least for the meantime. I suspect they think they have enough labels on the shelf to try to support and advertise for.
Porter cable is another brand that was a really solid tool several years ago but recently went super cheap. Sad.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
For many years the Sears stores in smaller towns sold only appliances, mowers and the like. No clothing, jewelry or anything similar. Those type stores of years back did sell Craftsman tools if I recall correctly. The big conglomerate that bought the Craftsman name is apparently trying re-establish it as a quality tool line. Sears in its last years had turned Craftsman into poorly made China junk.

That same big conglomerate is killing off the Porter Cable tools, at least for the meantime. I suspect they think they have enough labels on the shelf to try to support and advertise for.
In my opinion, Porter Cable was a step above Dewalt in quality and features.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That explains why I got such a good deal on some porter cable stuff last week. Display model stuff.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Craftsman mechanic set of hand tools when I came back from overseas in 1983...one of their 275 piece sets or something like that. Still have it. Still use it. The only thing I've replaced because it broke was the 3/8" ratchet. Walked into a full-size Sears store in Littleton, CO and replaced it under warranty with the then current model. That would've been about 10 years ago, probably.

I miss the Sears I grew up with as a kid. I loved how the store always smelled like tires.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TEKTON TOOLS. Made in USA, great quality, great customer service, great company. Tools every bit as good as “off the truck”, without the hassels and price. If you happen to break a Tekton tool, eether you bought it or not, send them a picture of broke tool, email or upload, they immediately ship you a replacement tool, no receipt, no BS. They also have a nice rewards program, 10% of purchase in points to use next purchase or save up and get things free, and free shipping. I got a free no skip 3/8 socket set ($200) awhile back by saving up points, and it shipped free also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom