Seeking opinion Sig vs Springfield in .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigs are nice, but I would have to have a DAK. DA/SA I personally do not like. After trying many different 45's I decided the Glock 21 gen 4 worked the best for me.

Go rent some and see what he shoots better. Want is sometimes based on shiny things. Then they do not like them after they shoot them.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots to consider. What type of Sig? I have found that I do not like the DA/SA pistols from any manufacturer. A striker or single action (1911) trigger system is my favorite because its always the same pull. Sig's are awesome guns, but I would take an XD over a non striker/non 1911 any day. I do love my Sig P938!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SiG, and absolutely DA/SA. SiG's implementation is arguably the best and once you get used to it you'll never look back. Without it there's really not much reason to pay the extra freight for the SiG so you might as well go with the XD instead.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll get as many answers as you will posts....what does He think?
Which can He shoot better?
What is it going to be used for?
Shoot them all ,dont limit yourselves.
There will be more to keep the first ones company...
Good Luck...and remember ....its just plain Fun... ;)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are trying to stay in a budget and you want a .45 I suggest getting a Rock Island Tactical 1911. It'll be his first 1911 I'm guessing and he can fall in love with platform. Put a Hogue wrap-around grip on it so he can have a handgasm.

Last edited:

ston57

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of helpful suggestions and I really appreciate them all. Son has a 1911 that his grandfather gave him and the really likes it but he doesn't want to shoot it regularly. That's why he's looking for another .45. We rented Glock, H & k, and m&p. They didn't have a Sig. Really liked the H & K but price is something to consider. He' ll have to pitch in for an expensive gun. Friend suggested Springfield.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a Sig fan or any DA/SA. S-I-L got a XDs. I don't care much for it. He won't admit it, but when we go shoot, he always wants to shoot my 1911. I don't want to shoot his XDs.

If he can, shoot as many different models as he can before deciding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom