Self Defense Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like cheap double edge fixed blade boot knives for self defense/carry while fishing type knives

I’ve got several of these

https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson...=1691646760&sprefix=boot+knife,aps,157&sr=8-4
I’ve got nicer knives for hunting/camp use/whittling etc.. but I like these for “defensive” type knives. I prefer fixed blades. These come razor sharp and the sheath is actually serviceable. I’ve bled a hog with one before, they go through flesh like hot butter. SCARY

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a knife, now this, this is a knifeView attachment 400417
I feel a new addiction coming on. I got a folder because I didn’t know how hard it might be to conceal a fixed blade. Now you got me thinking. Gosh for what I spend on guns, I could buy a lot of knives. I still need a good EDC.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a well used ZT 350. It’s a “flipper”, so the blade deploys fast. However, if I have to use it as defensive weapon, I’m probably in pretty bad trouble. Kind of like needing more than 9 rounds for my Benelli SD/HD shotgun.
IMG_1754.jpeg

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the concept of the clinch pick. Honestly, a knife is a tool to get someone off you, and I think its a pretty good system. ShivWorks Clinch Pick Black 2.0

I'm not a huge fan of WPS stuff, but I think this is the best video on its use that I have found.

For a common fight situation in modern times where you will be forced to prove intent/innocence if you deploy a weapon… I think you’re totally right. Something like that is a great choice. Honestly it’s not too far off from the concept of the TDI previously mentioned

Myself, I still like a double edged 5” or 6” boot knife. If ya get me scared enough to pull it, I’ll deal with the legal ramifications later…

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel a new addiction coming on. I got a folder because I didn’t know how hard it might be to conceal a fixed blade. Now you got me thinking. Gosh for what I spend on guns, I could buy a lot of knives. I still need a good EDC.
you would be surprised how easy it is to conceal a fixed blade depending on the size. I prefer to carry a 3-4" fixed blade normally in my right front pocket when I am not carrying a auto folder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom