Selling trees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknavy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked about acreage because that's something that determines loggers' interest. If there isn't enough timber for them to turn a profit, they won't buy. I just clear-cut seven acres and had plenty of interest.

Was that in OK or VA? The only reason I ask is because I have 40 acres and I couldn't get anybody to even come look. But hey, the dozer guy with a match and some diesel sure came in a hurry. I have twenty left that is thick as the hair on Sasquatch so getting somebody to thin it out would be wonderful.

oknavy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was that in OK or VA? The only reason I ask is because I have 40 acres and I couldn't get anybody to even come look. But hey, the dozer guy with a match and some diesel sure came in a hurry. I have twenty left that is thick as the hair on Sasquatch so getting somebody to thin it out would be wonderful.

Acreage was in Virginia, and the photo above shows it was tall timber without much scrub underneath. If you're talking cross timbers and scrub oak, loggers might not be interested.

I'm also using the 'dozer guy with diesel and a match to clear stumps for pasture, but at least I've got the timber profit to offset the cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom