Senator Ted Cruz proposes Mexico pay for the wall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm down, why not? It's dirty drug money so spend it to help keep dirty drugs out. Some will say that the money would be better used for inter-city schools, healthcare, crime task forces, or some other needy cause. But if a large amount of illegals and drugs are kept out then many of these situations might be lessened anyway.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm down, why not? It's dirty drug money so spend it to help keep dirty drugs out. Some will say that the money would be better used for inter-city schools, healthcare, crime task forces, or some other needy cause. But if a large amount of illegals and drugs are kept out then many of these situations might be lessened anyway.
Because Prohibition was so effective at reducing crime, right?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because Prohibition was so effective at reducing crime, right?
During Prohibition, moonshiners souped up their cars in order to evade the Police as they went to sell their product. A direct result of this was the sport of NASCAR (multi billion dollar industry). Some of the second and tertiary effects of prohibition were good, reduction in consumption of booze by almost 1/3 on a permanent basis from pre-prohibition levels. It also popularized tequila in the United States, ended the great sausage party, Speakeasies were integrated with both men and women, allowing the female gender to join the party for the first time. Bars without women are depressing and scary in one way or another. created cocktail hour and cocktail parties and the demand for barware and all the other terms and practices and amenities for drinking at home and entertaining at home with cocktails, who doesn't enjoy a good cocktail party?
No, I fully appreciate your point Dave, just thought I might toss in s bit of levity this morning.

http://www.alcademics.com/2008/12/the-upsides-of-prohibition.html

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, but there's no need. There's a parallel procedure for criminal asset forfeiture that can be used after a conviction.

As long as that is the method they are choosing, I'm cool with it.

But if we aren't the ones who seized the assets and, say, Mexico is, don't count on Mexico to hand it over.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ted "Smooth" Cruz, who is already campaigning for 2020, is grandstanding. We already seize assets of drug lords. All this bill does is "reserve" those dollars for the wall. It changes nothing. We, not Mexico, are still going to pay for the wall. Read the bill, it's literally in the first sentence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom