Serial Killer Autograph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could probably talk to this dude for hours; I never get to nerd out over serial killers with people. I've tried to get like 3 people to read Bind, Torture, Kill by Roy Wenzl and all of them stopped like 2 chapters in. "How can you read this stuff all the time???" BTK is by far the creepiest and most interesting American serial killer. Many (not all) prolific serial killers prey on the dredges of society - hookers, homeless, etc. Or low-income kids. BTK was the church congregation leader and boy scout volunteer 2 streets over who you might find hiding in your suburban house after work, wearing women's underwear and waiting to garrotte you before calmly returning home to eat lasagna.

I keep hoping for an "American Serial Killer" category at bar trivia. I would mop the floor. No interest in autographs, but if someone gave me a Gacy painting for Christmas I would hang it in the hall.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7ID8wdoSpUScZnNVA0JK7w2.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rader was freaking waterhead, really. I don't think he would have made so long if modern forensics were a thing in the 70's.

I remember the day the arrested him. For those that don't know, it was the 30th anniversary of the BTK story breaking. Wichita Eagle runs a piece summarizing the murders. Many people think BTK is dead or in prison. Nope, he's the dog catcher in Park City. BTK sees the media attention and needs to stroke his semi-hard ego, so he plays the letter game again. He asks the police in a letter "Yo dogs, can ya'll trace a floppy disk?" and they're all like "this cat's fawking with us" but answered "nah BTK, that's impossible lol". So he sends them a gotdamn floppy disk, Johnny.

So they pop that floppy in and have a looksee. Christ Lutheran Church - document last modified by "Dennis". Pull up the Chirst Lutheran Church website, and there's Mr. Granny Panties himself. Dennis Rader - Congregation Leader. In his driveway sits the Jeep seen dropping off a BTK letter on a security camera.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I could probably talk to this dude for hours; I never get to nerd out over serial killers with people. I've tried to get like 3 people to read Bind, Torture, Kill by Roy Wenzl and all of them stopped like 2 chapters in. "How can you read this stuff all the time???" BTK is by far the creepiest and most interesting American serial killer. Many (not all) prolific serial killers prey on the dredges of society - hookers, homeless, etc. Or low-income kids. BTK was the church congregation leader and boy scout volunteer 2 streets over who you might find hiding in your suburban house after work, wearing women's underwear and waiting to garrotte you before calmly returning home to eat lasagna.
I keep hoping for an "American Serial Killer" category at bar trivia. I would mop the ******* floor. No interest in autographs, but if someone gave me a Gacy painting for Christmas I would hang it in the hall.

Two words for you, Richard Kuklinski (AKA the Iceman). IIRC he is credited with over 100 kills in 30+ years. Deacon of his church and a family w/ 3 children of his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two words for you, Richard Kuklinski (AKA the Iceman). IIRC he is credited with over 100 kills in 30+ years. Deacon of his church and a family w/ 3 children of his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

Yep. Kuklinski is full of it though, but most killers are. Huge egos, deluded.

Kuklinski did hits on people doing shady stuff. What sets Rader apart for me is that he stalked (every single day, for hours a day, year after year) and killed completely random people in a small, suburban, Midwestern town. Well, he'd often look for women who lived alone - but they were middle-class women with jobs and nice houses. Sometimes he'd break into a woman's house with the intent to kill her, and then decide not to because he got hungry and wanted to go eat. Or he saw sign of a boyfriend/brother/male friend that came by too often for comfort. Wichita's size, location, culture and demographics are very much comparable to Tulsa - so that's another reason he's so disturbing to me.

Rader killed his own neighbor Marine Hedge in 1985 in town of 7,000 people and got away with it. A town of 7,000 where everyone knew him.

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if i can say it here but she was a total tulsa spelled backwards. Had lots of friends who knew her on more than a social level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom