Should I take my situation to small claims court?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't think you're going to get that cash back, but I would be stern about the pistol. Filing a police report is a bad idea. it was a part of the deal, no different than cash. It's no stolen at this point. That's a false police report and bad juju. If you can confront him tell him you're taking the boat and the gun and calling it even, or you can take him to court, but that at this point, this is on principle and you're not letting it go.

He might bow up and call trespassing on your property. be prepared to show you own the boat and the gun to a LEO in case he decides to be cute and call them. remain calm, remain respectful despite his reactions. If an LEO shows up, remain even more calm and more respectful. you will get a lot farther that way.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Keep a cool head and be determined to get the 1911 back and YOUR boat back. Lesson learned with dealing with a local guy that is a crooked SOB.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the sheriff's office and schedule a time to retrieve the boat (with title(s) in hand). File a lien for breach of contract if you must. It won't net you anything, but will eventually cause him some grief. After all, it's only fair. :D

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you already register the motor in your name? If so I don't see how you have any leg to stand on when it comes to getting the pistol back.

The original deal appears to be done and now you have a warranty dispute. I'd either make contact with him and work it out or just go pick up my boat and make sure everyone knows the guy isn't a straight shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom