Shoutout to Vortex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently, Vortex ran a sale of 50% off MSRP. Usually, it’s 40% for veterans and LE. There are many who are not impressed with Vortex but I enjoy their Razor line, warranty, and how they treat veterans. If Leupold, Nightforce, S&B, ZCO, Kahles, etc. did the same I’m sure I would entertain purchasing from them as well.

I ordered three items from Vortex through Expertvoice and they were shipped directly from Vortex via UPS. Sadly, things happen and packages get lost. I called Vortex and only needed to push one button before speaking directly to……wait for it……an AMERICAN! Speaking with Kate, she took care of everything. Even moving my order up to over night delivery without an additional cost to me.

I’ve never had to use their warranty but I assume it’s as easy as this process was. I know they cover shipping cost both way’s which is not usual for most companies.

A good product and great customer service is where the money’s at, and Vortex has that figured out. Anyway, just thought I would give a public shoutout to Vortex.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few lower-end Vortex optics. For the money I'd say they're pretty good. Haven't had a warranty issue yet. I did have an issue with a Holosun optic and they handled it in a similar way. Also just had a problem with an FN pistol...they were quick to replace it as well.

Good to hear some companies are stepping up the customer service game.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 5 years ago I had issue with a Vortex red dot that wouldn’t turn off. Made a phone call, they asked for a credit card to put a hold on, then they shipped me a new one. Told me to put the old one in the box and ship it back, they even included a prepaid shipping label. Once they recieved the return, they refunded the money. Was happy and haven’t had any issue with the replacement since.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 5 years ago I had issue with a Vortex red dot that wouldn’t turn off. Made a phone call, they asked for a credit card to put a hold on, then they shipped me a new one. Told me to put the old one in the box and ship it back, they even included a prepaid shipping label. Once they recieved the return, they refunded the money. Was happy and haven’t had any issue with the replacement since.

Sad thing is I know people who would have gotten pissed that they had to ship the old one back or that there was a CC hold, and then they would have gone online and complained about how Vortex is a bad company.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leupold and a lot of other companies have LE & Vet discounts. They may not advertise or shout it from the roof but if you check around they probably have a discount.
Expert Voice
Leupold 50%
Gerber 50%
Bunch of others.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Govx is a company I shop sometimes. They have discounts for government workers.
I've used Vortex warranty twice. Once on a diamond back scope, totally my fault. Walking across a creek, slipped & fell dropping the gun and cracked the scope. Called them, sent it back and it was replaced in a couple weeks.
The other was a spare. The buttons on the side fell off, rubber housing and all. Sent it back and they replaced it with a spare II.
For the money and my use they the best bang for the buck to me.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad thing is I know people who would have gotten pissed that they had to ship the old one back or that there was a CC hold, and then they would have gone online and complained about how Vortex is a bad company.
That is exactly what I thought when I read that.

"Man, that is really awesome and the CC hold is a solid compromise on getting a quick solution for the customer while also giving the company some assurance. I bet there are thousands of people that would join 20 new forums to ***** about the credit card hold and not even mention the rest of the awesome response from the company."

Latest posts

Top Bottom